25 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2013 5:26 PM by RobertoBlake

How or where is the CROSS ZOOM transition?

SNAREDESIGN Level 1

Hi, I am new to Premiere Pro CS5 on my Mac.

Previously I have quickly and very easily thrown together tons video and stills, all with ken burns etc in iMovie and there a some good easy to use transitions and I love the CROSS ZOOM one a lot, so quick and easy!

I am immediately regretting buying Premiere Pro I thought it would be 100 times better with shed loads of effects and cooler stuff than some cheepy like iMovie!

There only seems to be a very limited amount of transitions, that you have to tediously 'customise' and save as presets?

PLEASE help me find or recreate this simple CROSS ZOOM effect, and how where can I get a lot more effects 'off the shelf' so to speak?

Many thanks.

• 1. Re: How or where is the CROSS ZOOM transition?
          Harm Millaard Level 7

PR does not have the one button approach to use all these cheesy effects or transitions. Magix, PrE, Pinnacle and similar consumer programs are the way to go for that approach.

With PR one uses the built in effects or transitions, AE or plug-ins from Boris, RedGiant, ProDad, Pixelan, and the like for effects and transitions. Look on the plug-ins page for PR. http://www.adobe.com/products/plugins/premiere/

There only seems to be a very limited amount of transitions, that you have to tediously 'customise' and save as presets?

Did you have a look at the near endless list of effects and transitions? What more do you need than a cross dissolve or dip to...?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How or where is the CROSS ZOOM transition?
            SNAREDESIGN Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

not have the one button approach to use all these cheesy effects or transitions

Cheesy Oh YES! Sometimes those are the things a project requires! I'm doing stuff that has to appeal to a youth market, skate boarding, with graffiti stills zooming in and out with camera shake and all that kind of 'cheesy stuff' and the cross zooms all synchronised up to the beats of a cool music track!

The kind of stuff you see all the time of kids TV! But only very professionally done! Yes I do want more control over some of this "cheese" as you call it, I think I have made a serious error here!

What more do you need than a cross dissolve or dip to?

When I'm making a documentary or a simple holiday movie I will go for some more gentle fades and possibly even simple cuts! But I could do all the with a one button application. What have I spent all my hard earned money on!

But right now I want to something funky and cool, and quickly!

Did you have a look at the near endless list of effects and transitions? What more do you need than a cross dissolve or dip to...?
            Where? There are only 2 dissolves and no zoom effects - I must be missing something here please help, ENDLESS????

Im VERY confused I don't consider myself an idiot! BUt this is really doing me in...

Regards,
            Andy.

• 4. Re: How or where is the CROSS ZOOM transition?
              SNAREDESIGN Level 1

Thanks,

I have typed ans searched for "zoom" everywhere all I have in Video Transitions is this???

Any ideas,

Thanks,

Andy.

where.jpg

• 5. Re: How or where is the CROSS ZOOM transition?
                Harm Millaard Level 7

Andy,

This is on my system:

1-8-2010 11-32-11.jpg

It looks like your installation is incomplete. Try a reinstall or repair install. Note: Pixelan is a plug-in that will only appear if you have that plug-in installed. For the rest you ought to have all these transitions.

• 6. Re: How or where is the CROSS ZOOM transition?
                  SNAREDESIGN Level 1

Hi Harm,

Are you PC or Mac I just found a post on the net (from 2008) saying that the Mac version CS4 only has 20 transitions where as the PC has 76 - THATS SHOCKING!

If this is still true of CS5 I will be very very upset!

Kind regards,

Andy.

• 7. Re: How or where is the CROSS ZOOM transition?
                    Harm Millaard Level 7

I'm on a PC, but the difference between MAC and PC has been reduced dramatically or even disappeared with CS5 and since you posted in the CS5 forum, I naturally assumed you were talking about CS5.

If you are on CS4, you should have posted in the CS4 forum, and yes, the Zoom function in CS4 on the MAC is lacking.

• 8. Re: How or where is the CROSS ZOOM transition?
                      SNAREDESIGN Level 1

I am on a Mac with brand new CS5! I am new to CS5!

I think I have been short changed by Adobe!

But I will check if my installation is complete (I pretty sure it is) or wait until my question gets answered.

In the mean time if any one knows how to create the 'cross zoom' effect manually I would be very interested to know how to do it.

Many thanks for your help so far Harm.

My question remains open.

• 9. Re: How or where is the CROSS ZOOM transition?
                        Harm Millaard Level 7

You have to wait for a MAC owner to chime in, because the only MAC thing I like is MAC addressing.

• 10. Re: How or where is the CROSS ZOOM transition?
                          Powered by Design Level 4

Andy

Since your on a Mac could you please do a screen capture off all the video effects all opened up so that I could make a side by side version for CS5.

You might have to open the effects panel up to full and take a few with overlapping shots to get them all.

That way we all know what is missing in the Mac version.

Here is a list of the effects for Windows.

GLenn

Premiere-CS5-Video-Transitions-Windows.jpg

• 11. Re: How or where is the CROSS ZOOM transition?
                            Powered by Design Level 4

The image looks blurry but will look clear if opened up in a new tab.

I guess the forum software doesnt like images so large.

its only 275 x 1660

GLenn

• 12. Re: How or where is the CROSS ZOOM transition?
                              Taverino Level 2

I can confirm that CS5 for Mac still has the reduced set of transitions exactly as Andy has shown in his screen shot above.

1 person found this helpful
                              • 13. Re: How or where is the CROSS ZOOM transition?
                                SNAREDESIGN Level 1

Thanks GLenn,

Your lovely long list of Transitiosn is making me green with envy and I'm bloody furious with Adobe. I should have all those- I paid for them! I even spoke to someone at Adobe and they assured me the Cross Zoom was available - but I supose they only meant the PC version.

I've just wasted over £800! and I'm going to try and get my money back!

Beware my Mac users! LOTS OF MISSING TRANSITIONS IN ADOBE PREMIER PRO CS5

I appreciate everyones comments etc. I'm still up for someone pointing me in the direction where I may be able to get these transitions from a third party or am I whistling in the wind. OR how can I achieve the effect with what I have got, or am I whistling in the wind?

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

THESE ARE THE BASIC 20 TRANSITIONS YOU GET WITH MAC PREMIER PRO CS5

I hope Google picks these pages up and spreads the word.

20transitions.jpg

• 14. Re: How or where is the CROSS ZOOM transition?
                                  SNAREDESIGN Level 1

Hi Taverino thanks for your answer!

I don't believe it! this leaves me feeling royally ripped off!

Adobe you have done a serious dirty on me! - it will take a very long time for me to forgive you!

Can I do something similar in After Effects? I'm frightened to start getting into that incase there are a of other missing bits in AF as well for us Mac people.

Can any one advise on how, where to get these efects from or a tutorial on how to manually make a Cross Zoom transition with what I have?

Today has not been a good day!

But thanks forum guys,

Andy.

• 15. Re: How or where is the CROSS ZOOM transition?
                                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Andy,

This LIST is from CS4, but probably is very close for CS5. Some Effects & Transitions were removed (due to 64-bit) from the PC, as well.

Hope that this helps and good luck,

Hunt

• 16. Re: How or where is the CROSS ZOOM transition?