12 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2010 11:12 PM by Ben Hutchinson

Premiere CS5 + 7D footage + my computer = can't render (!)

hellopaul_1 Level 1

Hello guys
      A week ago I got my first assignment and my client doesn't  really believe I can make it (when he saw me filming with 7D...) so I  really want to suprise him. The problem is that I am doing something  wrong or my computer is really too slow for making movies.

First, comp spec:

Pentium Dual Core 3.0GHZ 64bit
      4GB of OCZ Platinum Rev2 800MHZ 4-4-4-15 RAM
      WD Caviar 160GB 7200 (I know ;( )
      GeForce 8800GTS 640MB

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

I  work on Premiere CS5 and After Effects CS5 (trials at the moment 'casue  I must consider buying better computer before buying software :/).

I  got a 4 MINUTES long 7D footage, cuted in Premiere, color graded in  After Effects (dynamic linked in Premiere), and with some cross dissolve  transitions from Premiere + an ambient track (25mb) and voice track  (70mb). The PROBLEM IS when I want to RENDER IT it says it will render  for 36HOURS (!!!). I can't even finish it 'cause I can't play the full  movie. I wanted to render it to some really small format just to check  if there's everything fine with the cuts and with the sound but can't!  I've chosen QuickTime format and H.264 codec with 50% of quality, 23.976  frame rate, D1/DV PAL Widescreen and it shows me 36HOURS...

I've tried Cineform Neoscene trial codec and converted my AVCHD .mov footage to cineform .avi, then I've tried to render from it with the worst possible .flv options and it still shows me more than 30 hours

Am I doing something wrong or what? :(

Regards
      Paul