6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2012 7:09 AM by GraphicShadow

Text Input question.

juviesi Level 1

Hi, i'm having problems with the text input feature, i'd created a comment field but when typing it go only in one line.

I would like to know if theres any way to make alow typing in more than one line in the same text field.

Sorry for my english, thanks.

• 1. Re: Text Input question.
          juviesi Level 1

Anyone, please?

• 2. Re: Text Input question.
            Tanya Heins-2I5OoU Level 3

Hi,

Looks like you'll need to pull the file into Flash Builder to do this.  Take a look at this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/645008?tstart=-1

Tanya

• 3. Re: Text Input question.
              juviesi Level 1

Still didnt work Tanya but thanks

I tried taht method but the textDisplay is already on RichEditableText.

I also changed the "heightInLines=" to 4 but didnt worked.

Any other way to do that?

• 4. Re: Text Input question.
                Tanya Heins-2I5OoU Level 3

I tried out the following which resulted in an editable multi-line text field (after changing code in Flash Builder)

1. Created a text input in Fc and resized it to allow for multi-line display
                2. Imported the Fc .fxp file into Fb and changed the following line of code (in src/Main.mxml) from:

<s:TextInput height="244" text="my text field." width="431" x="191" y="173"/>

to

<s:TextArea height="244" text="my text field." width="431" x="191" y="173"/>

If you now run your application from Fb, it will result in an editable multi-line text field.

Be sure to do this after you've finished layout and design of your interface in Flash Catalyst. Once you move over to Flash Builder, that's where you will be completing your application.

Hope this helps.

Tanya

• 5. Re: Text Input question.
                  juviesi Level 1

Thank you very much Tanya, it worked very well.

• 6. Re: Text Input question.
                    GraphicShadow

Tanya Heins wrote:

I tried out the following which resulted in an editable multi-line text field (after changing code in Flash Builder)

1. Created a text input in Fc and resized it to allow for multi-line display
                    2. Imported the Fc .fxp file into Fb and changed the following line of code (in src/Main.mxml) from:

<s:TextInput height="244" text="my text field." width="431" x="191" y="173"/>

to

<s:TextArea height="244" text="my text field." width="431" x="191" y="173"/>

If you now run your application from Fb, it will result in an editable multi-line text field.

Be sure to do this after you've finished layout and design of your interface in Flash Catalyst. Once you move over to Flash Builder, that's where you will be completing your application.

Hope this helps.

Tanya

I tried rezolving the problem this way but when I type in something and press enter, the text dissapears by going up, which means out of the text input field. I'm looking forward to find a solution for this problem.

Thank you!