Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview topic (glasses) won't work all of a sudden

Oct 10, 2006 Oct 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden, when I click on the glasses to preview a topic, nothing comes up! What did I accidentally change? Anybody have any ideas please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Oct 11, 2006 Oct 11, 2006
I followed Rick's suggestions in the topic "HELP! Preview button is not working" (gave detailed instrucitons how to update a couple of entries in the Windows Registry) and the changes worked beautifully. It totally resolved my problem. See that topic for more info!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be watching with interest to see if you get any help on this one, TechAnalyst. I asked a similar question around a year ago (loss of all preview links in RH for Word/WinHelp4-2000) but there was no response at all. Seems it's old-fashioned to use RH for Word....
Brian
PS Just found TechAnalyst's parallel posting under HELP! etc. Seems he's on HTML too - sorry, I thought I'd found a fellow-sufferer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you followed Rick's instructions mentioned in another post? Click here to see them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian

This is comparing spiders to hedgehogs. Unless I'm mistaken, TechAnalyst is referring to the Preview window having gone mysteriously missing in RoboHelp HTML. This is vastly different from an issue with links missing in RoboHelp for Word.

Personally, I'd be very surprised if the same steps I offer to resolve the missing preview window worked for the RoboHelp for word issue.

Sincerely... Rick 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick

Perhaps you missed my earlier edit? No problem. The comparison is probably rather with dinosaurs! But I am sure you do acknowledge that RH for Word/Winhelp is still the best basis for some of our client's needs.

The effect of this bug with Word is that all links from 'search' and 'preview' functions in RH Explorer simply default to some vague and variable start-of-line position within the first Topic or two in the Word pane. I've had this bug for several years and have learned to live with it through RH 9 and into 5.0.1, from Windows 2000 into XP.

The inevitable occasional un-/re-install process (in the correct order, of course) can sometimes briefly correct it but it never lasts more that the first or second action. Similarly, just randomly, a link will function properly - just once! - immediately RH is opened - as long as Word has not been touched first!

I guess I'm resigned to this one...

Best

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 11, 2006 Oct 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I followed Rick's suggestions in the topic "HELP! Preview button is not working" (gave detailed instrucitons how to update a couple of entries in the Windows Registry) and the changes worked beautifully. It totally resolved my problem. See that topic for more info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp