1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 3, 2010 3:51 AM by rootsounds

Newbie: Wizard wont bind to .asmx service

klgklg

Im using the latest free trial of Flex. HBoth service and app are running on a localhost asp server

I create a new project, drag a dropdown list into the design and select bind data.

I give the wizard the wsdl file, it offers me the only function "Get_Platforms"

I select the change reult type, it shows me the dtat structure as expected.

After completion it has created service code for "Services.service1"

and a set of value files as "Value objects"

I run the app and the network monitor shows the data as expected (I later run the test and the data looks good)

BUT the app runs with no apparent error but no data displays in the drop down

This is the app code generated:-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <s:Applicationxmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
        xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"
        xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx" minWidth="955" minHeight="600" xmlns:service1="services.service1.*">
        <fx:Script>
          <![CDATA[
            import com.adobe.serializers.utility.TypeUtility;
            import mx.controls.Alert;
            import mx.events.FlexEvent;
            protected function dropDownList_creationCompleteHandler(event:FlexEvent):void
            {
              Get_PlatformsResult.token = service1.Get_Platforms();
            }
          ]]>
        </fx:Script>
        <fx:Declarations>
          <s:CallResponder id="Get_PlatformsResult"/>
          <service1:Service1 id="service1" fault="Alert.show(event.fault.faultString + '\n' + event.fault.faultDetail)" showBusyCursor="true"/>
        </fx:Declarations>
        <s:DropDownList x="13" y="19" id="dropDownList" creationComplete="dropDownList_creationCompleteHandler(event)" labelField="NOBJNM">
          <s:AsyncListView list="{TypeUtility.convertToCollection(Get_PlatformsResult.lastResult.Tables.PLTFRM.Rows) }"/>
        </s:DropDownList>
      </s:Application>
      Anyone got any idea whats gone wrong?
      P.S. Heres the xml data (truncated after second record)