6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2011 4:58 AM by Gilbert.

No sound on AVCHD and PE7

GORDONAVCHD

I am using a Panasonic GH 1 with AVCHD output on PE 7 for the first time and, while I am getting video and can edit video, there is no sound.

Could somebody please help - am I doing something wrong or is there a compatibility problem?

Thanks,

Gordon

• 1. Re: No sound on AVCHD and PE7
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

For some reason I am having trouble responding to your post, George.

Please re-post this question to this forum.

• 2. Re: No sound on AVCHD and PE7
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Ok, since that last reply posted, I'll try again.

1) Your camera shoots in AVCHD, but it also shoots in 24p, which may or may not cause some issues later in your work. I'd recommend you do a test run -- all the way to output -- to make sure it all works as expected before putting too much work into a major project.

2) Your camera also shoots a 1280x720 picture, which may also cause issues with an AVCHD preset.

3) Which project setting are you selecting when your first set up your project?

4) What operating system are you using? Is it the 64-bit version of Windows 7? That could be an issue, since some drivers are not completely compatible with Premiere Elements. Also, make sure you have all of the Windows Updates (including the optional ones) and the latest version of Quicktime. You may also want to check http://www.realtek.com/downloads/ to ensure you have the latest RealTek drivers.

5) Finally, in Premiere Elements, go to Edit/Preferences/Audio Hardware and open the ASIO settings. Ensure that the software configuration matches your computer's hardware configuration.

• 3. Re: No sound on AVCHD and PE7
              nealeh Level 5

Some basics:

• Install all Windows updates
              • Install latest version of QuickTime (v7.6.6 at time of writing)
              • Install most recent graphics and sound drivers from the manufacturers web sites
              • Run Disk Cleanup
              • Run Defragmenter
              • Post back here with the necessary information described here: Got a Problem? How to Get Started

What format is the GH1 producing? (run your clip through the GSpot Codec Information Appliance and post a screen capture here).

What AVCHD project setting did you select when you created your project?

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 4. Re: No sound on AVCHD and PE7
                the_wine_snob Level 9

This ARTICLE will give you some places to look and things to check, regarding Audio issues.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: No sound on AVCHD and PE7
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Steve,

That happened to a lot of us yesterday, Aug 02, 2010, but things seemed to get back to normal later in the day, PDT.

Hunt

• 6. Re: No sound on AVCHD and PE7
                    Gilbert. Level 1

The reason i a badly written ASIO driver of Creative's soundblaster card. I removed the card, reinstalled Adobe Premiere and all the files work fine with sound. Relates to all versions of Premiere and Premiere Elements both demo and full version.