3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2010 2:40 PM by BertieBanjo

Adobe digital 1.7 will not activate Error =E_ADEPT_IO ActivationServiceInfo Error%20#2032

BertieBanjo

I cannot activate adobe digital 1.7 - the error isg is E_ADEPT_IO ActivationServiceInfo Error%20#2032

Can anyone let me know what that is?

Please

• 1. Re: Adobe digital 1.7 will not activate Error =E_ADEPT_IO ActivationServiceInfo Error%20#2032
          v.dalerci@consultingdc.it

Its a PROXY issue!

You should bypass your proxy, if you want read my blog post http://tohellmylovewithyou.wordpress.com/2010/08/05/ade/

Install Explorer, its easier around there than on mozilla..

good luck my friend

• 2. Re: Adobe digital 1.7 will not activate Error =E_ADEPT_IO ActivationServiceInfo Error%20#2032
            Vhattish Level 1

I Finally got mine to work. I hadn't changed anything on my computer,  but it just started giving me this error and the E_ADEPT_DATABASE error  out of the blue. Nothing really worked. I tried redownloading the  program, restarting my computer, changing my internet settings to  "automatically detect...", yelling, anger, sadness, evil eye.. you get  the point. Anywho, after several successful attempts, this is what works  for me:

By the way, I run Win 7 and mainly use ff. Unfortunately, FF does not work with this.

1. Using the search bar in Win 7, type in "Allow". This should pop up  the link to "Allow a program through Windows Firewall". Clickety-click.
            2. Click on the button that says "Change settings". (Maybe be fast or slow).
            3. If Adobe Digital Editions is listed, click it (I have home/work checked but not public). If it is not listed - Click on "Allow another program.." (really that what the button says. Find Adobe Digital Editions and click.
            4. Click on OK.
            5. Open the acsm link through Internet Explorer (FF won't work). It should download no problems.

I have tried this with FF and it did not work. I had to go back and "Allow" ade again.

Works in IE if I automatically detect... or not.

Is still annoying because it worked fine before. I want things back the way they used to be!

I know that this is somewhere on the Adobe site but I had a hard time finding it.

I know I talk too much but wanted to explain in detail (yes, I know it's a lot of detail.

• 3. Re: Adobe digital 1.7 will not activate Error =E_ADEPT_IO ActivationServiceInfo Error%20#2032
              BertieBanjo Level 1

I talk too much also. Have not manged to stop yet !!

Your explanation is great, I am getting old and I dont even know how far Igot

but I was at it and I changed the type settings you mention and that allowed me

activate - but I am too busy to get back to it so I need to read my book but

that will prob mean I need to ask Adobe to free up licence or whatever.

Thank you so much for your reply and I highly respect the lovely length of the

explanation.

I will get back to mine in a few weeks - I am at exams and got my eyes over sore

as I didnt put on the dry eye Drops  -so that ment that I am not at computer

much until the eye heals.