2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2010 4:02 AM by flexillu10

Heavy data load

Mohd Fayaz

I am developing an application that requires to fetch a huge amont of data of upto 100 MB size. Can anyone suggest me, which service (HTTPService, RemoteObject, WebService etc) is best suitable for such heavy data transfers.

• 1. Re: Heavy data load
          rootsounds Level 4

I doubt that there is going to be any particular advantage between them with regards to handling large transfers.

If your Flex app is handling that much data (or is it binary media?), you may to want to reassess your approach. Is there some way of breaking that up into smaller pieces?

• 2. Re: Heavy data load
            flexillu10 Level 1

rootsounds wrote:

I doubt that there is going to be any particular advantage between them with regards to handling large transfers.

If your Flex app is handling that much data (or is it binary media?), you may to want to reassess your approach. Is there some way of breaking that up into smaller pieces?

Hi Rootsounds, i am trying to achieve something similar. You mention binary media, i have illustrator files stored as blobs (binary data) in a mysql database. Do you have any advice of how to handle the binary media?