5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2007 11:07 AM by Newsgroup_User

CSS being crazy...

DIY_Lobotomy Level 1
      Hello. I created the following site, which looks exactly how it should in IE (tried two different versions):

http://www.troma.com/IFTA/index.php

In Firefox and Safari, however, it looks totally wrong (and looks the same in both of those browsers). The site is very light on HTML, and built mostly with CSS (but still very simple CSS, since I'm a novice in that department, so I can't imagine it would screw things up that much!)...

Specifically, here's the inconsistencies:

* The main navigation on the left should look like a filmstrip. I can either get it displaying properly on IE or on Firefox, but not both. In the current iteration of the site, I have the first navigation link ("Cinema") set to look properly in Firefox (shifted to the right in IE), and I have the rest of the navigation links set to look properly in IE (shifted to the left in Firefox).

* On IE, the main text displays fine. On Firefox, there is a HUGE gap between the top paragraph and where the bulleted text starts. If I get rid of the "clear: both" on the "ul" tag, that fixes it on Firefox, but on IE, the bullets don't start underneath the picture. They start to the right of the picture.

Here is a link to a zip of the site files (just one index page, the images folder, and one css style sheet). The whole thing is under 150kb, so it's VERY small. If anyone could take a look at this and let me know how I could fix it, it'd be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!!!

SITE FILES: http://www.troma.com/ifta.zip

--Matt

EDITED!!! - I think I fixed the site. If anyone wouldn't mind checking it and letting me know if it's displaying properly for you, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
        • 1. Re: CSS being crazy...
          Level 7
          It looks identical in Firefox and IE6. Can you say what is the problem...
          "looks totally wrong" doesn't say a lot (o:

--
          Jo

"DIY_Lobotomy" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fakcla$dse$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hello. I created the following site, which looks exactly how it should in
          > IE
          > (tried two different versions):
          >
          > http://www.troma.com/IFTA/index.php
          >
          > In Firefox and Safari, however, it looks totally wrong (and looks the same
          > in
          > both of those browsers). The site is very light on HTML, and built mostly
          > with
          > CSS (but still very simple CSS, since I'm a novice in that department, so
          > I
          > can't imagine it would screw things up that much!)...
          >
          > Here is a link to a zip of the site files (just one index page, the images
          > folder, and one css style sheet). The whole thing is under 150kb, so it's
          > VERY
          > small. If anyone could take a look at this and let me know how I could
          > fix it,
          > it'd be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!!!
          >
          > SITE FILES: http://www.troma.com/ifta.zip
          >
          > --Matt
          >
          >

• 2. Re: CSS being crazy...
            DIY_Lobotomy Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
            It looks identical in Firefox and IE6. Can you say what is the problem...
            "looks totally wrong" doesn't say a lot (o:

I'm not sure when you originally saw this message, but it had been edited later on yesterday with more specifics. Thanks!...

• 3. Re: CSS being crazy...
              Level 7
              .oO(DIY_Lobotomy)

>
              quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
              > It looks identical in Firefox and IE6. Can you say what is the problem...
              > "looks totally wrong" doesn't say a lot (o:
              >

>
              > I'm not sure when you originally saw this message, but it had been edited
              >later on yesterday with more specifics. Thanks!...

Please repost. Edits don't appear on the NNTP side of the forum.

Micha
              • 4. Re: CSS being crazy...
                DIY_Lobotomy Level 1
                Ahhh - I'm sorry. I didn't know that. I actually thought that reposting a new topic would've been the more annoying thing to do. My bad!!!
                • 5. Re: CSS being crazy...
                  Level 7
                  Not to worry, just reply here with the original problem.

--
                  Jo

"DIY_Lobotomy" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                  news:fan294$gog$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  > Ahhh - I'm sorry. I didn't know that. I actually thought that reposting
                  > a new topic would've been the more annoying thing to do. My bad!!!
                  >