4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2012 9:50 AM by Martin HJA

German Keyboard shortcuts in Englisch AFX CS5?

Martin HJA

Hi there,

I have updatet to the englisch Production Premium CS5 (I always use englisch software even though I live in germany).

In CS4, I was able to replace the englisch keyboard shortcut file in AFX with german keyboard shortcuts. Everything worked wunderfully.

So I tried the same thing with AFX CS5. Since I don't have a german text file for the shortcuts of CS5, I just gave it a try and copied the CS4 german one. They pretty much look the same. But after restarting AFX the shortcuts are still in english, and the german content of the file itsell turned into englisch again :-(  Since I followed the same procedure like I did with CS4 a couple of months ago, I don't really know where the error is.

Maybe somebody could send me the original german Keyborad shortcut file for AFX CS5. In windows 7 64bit it is located here:

C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\10.0\Adobe After Effects 10.0 Shortcuts

I don't know if that would solve it. But I guess that for CS5 the language file of the shortcuts might be slightly different from CS4, and thats why AFX CS5 won't accept my old CS4 german language shortcut file.

Hope somebody can help,

Martin