0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2010 7:48 PM by tonysilvestri

Possible to copy files to a Cocoa application

tonysilvestri

Hello,

I'm in the final stages of building an application in Flex4/Air2.  My application essentially copies another Flex app to a USB drive.  I need an easy way for users to open the .html file that starts the app on the USB drive.  Since Apple no longer supports an autorun feature for security reasons I've been scratching my head trying to figure out how to get around this.

One of my ideas involved the creation of a cocoa bundle that houses the application.  I have been unable to figure out how to get air to write to a folder inside of the cocoa bundle.

Second idea was to simply create a bookmark that targets the .html file.  This was problamatic because the drive from computer to computer would change so the bookmark couldn't statically target the .html file.  I tried to figure out how to create a bookmark with a relative path to the .html file but this didn't seem to work either.

For users that will receive the app and plug it into a PC I already have a solution.

Has anyone run into this problem and found a solution for the mac or have any ideas for how I might be able to resolve my issue.  It's literally the last thing I have to do in order for my project to be complete.

Thanks,

Tony