9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2010 10:03 AM by the_wine_snob

PRE 8.0.1 "Rendering Required Files" then aborts

dennisbthomas Level 1

I have a project that was working several weeks ago but today I tried to play it on the timeline and I get the message

"Rendering Required Files" then it aborted.

I have tried the following with out success and the same message and abort:

1. Cleared the Media Database: EDIT/PREFERENCES/MEDIA

2. Deleted Rendered Files for all Projects: TIMELINE/DELETE RENDERED FILES FOR ALL PROJECTS. I did this because the DELETE RENDERED FILES was greyed out.

3. Inserted a short clip near the front of the project, so that when I did a full render there were 3 files to render not 1.

4. Did a full render.

I have Windows 7 (64bit) with an Intel I3-540 using the onboard video. All Windows 7, drivers and PRE 8 are up-to-date.

Does anyone have a clue as to what else I should try? Very frustrating as everything was running so well the last week or so.

Thanks

Dennis

• 1. Re: PRE 8.0.1 "Rendering Required Files" then aborts
          dennisbthomas Level 1

I forgot to say that after the full render, when I opened the project two of the three files indicated that they needed to be rendered. The clip that I inserted indicated that it was already rendered.

I move the CTI to the middle of the 2nd clip that was rendered but the "Rendering Required Files" message occurred and

then the abort.

Thanks

Dennis

• 2. Re: PRE 8.0.1 "Rendering Required Files" then aborts
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What kind of camcorder is your video coming from and how did you get it into your comptuer?

What settings are you using for your Premiere Elements project?

Have you gone to Windows Update and manually downloaded even the non-critical updates, and have you gone to Apple.com and downloaded the latest version of Quicktime?

Have you cleared the temp files off your computer and done a thorough defragmentation of your drive(s)?

Do you have more than one hard drive or is there anything else customized in your system's configuration?

• 3. Re: PRE 8.0.1 "Rendering Required Files" then aborts
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Along with Steve's questions and comments, you say that you do have the latest video driver. Did you download and install this from the nVidia or ATI site? If one just relies on Windows, or a driver utility, to determine the latest driver, they likely have one that is many months old.

Even simple OS updates and hot-fixes (automatically installed by default) can render a video (or audio) driver instantly obsolete. One must go to the mfgr's. site and get the very latest.

I suspect a that an OS update has changed things. When something works one day, but not the next, then something has changed. The task is to find out what has changed, and correct that.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: PRE 8.0.1 "Rendering Required Files" then aborts
                dennisbthomas Level 1

Hi Steve,

What kind of camcorder is your video coming from and how did you get it into your comptuer?

It's a Sony HDR-CX550V and the following info for a clip is from MediaInfo.

General

ID :0
                Complete name :D:\Video\_Video Clips\2010\2010-06-13 Coles Family B-Day Party\20100613155151.m2ts
                Format :BDAV
                Format/Info :Blu-ray Video
                File size :12.7 MiB
                Duration :9s 721ms
                Overall bit rate :10.9 Mbps
                Maximum Overall bit rate :18.0 Mbps

Video

ID :4113 (0x1011)
                Menu ID :1 (0x1)
                Format :AVC
                Format/Info :Advanced Video Codec
                Format profile :High@L4.0
                Format settings, CABAC :Yes
                Format settings, ReFrames :2 frames
                Format settings, GOP :M=1, N=30
                Duration :8s 942ms
                Bit rate mode :Variable
                Bit rate :9 971 Kbps
                Maximum bit rate :16.0 Mbps
                Width :1 440 pixels
                Height :1 080 pixels
                Display aspect ratio :16:9
                Frame rate :29.970 fps
                Color space :YUV
                Chroma subsampling :4:2:0
                Bit depth :8 bits
                Scan type :Interlaced
                Scan order :Top Field First
                Bits/(Pixel*Frame) :0.214
                Stream size :10.6 MiB (84%)

Audio

ID :4352 (0x1100)
                Format :AC-3
                Format/Info :Audio Coding 3
                Mode extension :CM (complete main)
                Duration :8s 992ms
                Bit rate mode :Constant
                Bit rate :448 Kbps
                Channel(s) :6 channels
                Channel positions :Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
                Sampling rate :48.0 KHz
                Bit depth :16 bits
                Video delay :-67ms
                Stream size :492 KiB (4%)

Text

ID :4608 (0x1200)
                Format :PGS
                Duration :8s 443ms
                Video delay :-67ms

What settings are you using for your Premiere Elements project? 

Editing Mode: DVNTSC

Frame Size: 720 x 480 16:9

File Format: Microsoft AVI DV NTSC

Have you gone to Windows Update and manually downloaded even the  non-critical updates, and have you gone to Apple.com and downloaded the  latest version of Quicktime?  YES

Have you cleared the temp files off your computer and done a thorough defragmentation of your drive(s)? YES YES

Do you have more than one hard drive or is there anything else customized in your system's configuration?

I have two drives C: (261 GB Free) and D: (465 GB Free); No customized configuration.

Steve, the only difference that I've noticed between this project (16:9) and two others that I'm working on (4:3) that work is the aspect ration.

Thanks for the questions and let me know if there is anything else I need to check.

Dennis

• 5. Re: PRE 8.0.1 "Rendering Required Files" then aborts
                  dennisbthomas Level 1

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the questions & comments.

I have the latest Intel HD Graphics drivers. They were downloaded from Gigabyte.

The puzzling thing is that the other two projects that I'm working on work correctly.

Thanks

Dennis

• 6. Re: PRE 8.0.1 "Rendering Required Files" then aborts
                    Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You are apparently using video from an AVCHD camcorder. You MUST use a Premiere Elements project setting for AVCHD (not the DV setting you are using).

Your specs don't say if your camcorder shoots in 1920x1080 or 1440x1080, and you also don't say whether or not it shoots in 5.1 audio, but these things are vital to know since you will also need to know them in order to set up a project to properly use this video.

• 7. Re: PRE 8.0.1 "Rendering Required Files" then aborts
                      dennisbthomas Level 1

I'm using 1440 x1080  with 5.1 audio although the camera will do 1920 x 1080.

So when i use a 1440 x 1080 clip(s) then I need to create the project with "HD 1080i 5.1 channel" preset or the

"Full HD 1080 i 5.1 channel" preset when shooting in1920?

Then to create a std DVD (720x480) do that in the "Share menu"?

I'm going to go back and re-read some of the sections in your book about projects setting.

Thanks so much for taking the time to address my problem.

Dennis

• 8. Re: PRE 8.0.1 "Rendering Required Files" then aborts
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Steve,

It appears to be AC3 6-channel, which would be the DD 5.1 SS Preset for AVCHD.

Hunt

• 9. Re: PRE 8.0.1 "Rendering Required Files" then aborts
                          the_wine_snob Level 9
                          Then to create a std DVD (720x480) do that in the "Share menu"?

You are correct. Back at the beginning, one needs to match up their New Project Preset to the source footage. Editing will go smoothly then.

Once complete, one then establishes the output via the Export/Share settings, say DV 720 x 480.

This trips up many, as they assume that the Project Preset should match the desired output. Instead, it must match the source footage.

Good luck,

Hunt