Exit

Search sequence

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2010 Aug 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using RH 8.0.2.

My search is working fine but the problem is in few cases i found the displayed list is not in proper sequence.

Like in the fillowing snap,i tried to search APN Restriction,but first topic displayed is "cause".Can we manage this sequence?

]

APN_Restriction.png

Thanks and Regards,

Rahul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2010 Aug 03, 2010

Search results are shown in Ranking order, there you will note the topic is sequential.

See http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/index.htm > RoboHelp 8 Changed Features > Searching to see what affects ranking.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2010 Aug 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search results are shown in Ranking order, there you will note the topic is sequential.

See http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/index.htm > RoboHelp 8 Changed Features > Searching to see what affects ranking.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2010 Aug 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, for the valuable suggestions.Really it helps me to understand better,but I can see many such defect in my project.My project have more than 65,000 topics.

What approach should i take to fix these defects?

-Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2010 Aug 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because the topics are not in alphabetical order does not mean your project has defects. If a topic has Cakes in the title, it is likely that the topic is all about cakes and the most relevant. If the word in buried in the text, it could be something like "instead of baking bread, try baking some cakes". It is less likely that is what your user wants so it should be ranked lower.

Like most searches now, the results are in rank order. That's the way it is.

65,000 topics in one project! That's way bigger than anything I would like to manage. Make sure you have a good back up policy. I think that is the all time record I've heard of. Any more bids folks?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter!!!

I am also waiting for the result of this bid.

In my parent project 243 childs are merged, and still counting is on.....

-Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah! You meant 65,000 spread across a number of merged projects rather than in one project.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp