2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2010 11:36 AM by Pyramid Pyro

When will PPRO support the GTX 470?

Spoot51 Level 1

Any ideas on timing for upcoming support for additional vid cards? If I buy a pc today with a GTX470 what needs to be done when Adobe gets around to supporting the card? Do we download a patch from them or what? In other words, how does my software then recognize the card?  Thanks for helping out a confused, non-expert!!

• 1. Re: When will PPRO support the GTX 470?
          Pyramid Pyro Level 1

I think when they do announce it there should be fireworks and skywriting because a lot of us are waiting for that news.

I'm kind of in the same boat you are (purchasing in the next 7 days).  For now, I'm getting the 470 too and just applying the hack which many have used with great success.

My best guess is when  the udpate comes and the 470 is neatly supported we may have to appy a reverse hack to let the natural files take over or just let things ride.  I'm curious to see what the senior members of the board think.

Erik

• 2. Re: When will PPRO support the GTX 470?
            Harm Millaard Level 7

The GTX 470 works with the hack. Just edit the "cuda_supported_cards.txt" in C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Pro CS5/ to include a separate line stating "GeForce GTX 470" without the quotes and save it. Then enable hardware acceleration. That's all.

1 person found this helpful