4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2010 6:02 AM by nikos101

I want to do contracting

nikos101 Level 2

I want to do contracting and see that lots of people want you to integrate with Java. Where is the best place to start, should I download tomact and blaze and play with that?

• 1. Re: I want to do contracting
          UbuntuPenguin Level 4

You are right to want to play with BlazeDS.  I would suggest you figure out a small and dumb application to create.  Such as a flex service that retrieves

usernames  , first name , last name and address from a database.  You could also use a persistence layer (Hibernate , JPA) in your application to add some experience and technical knowhow.

This would serve to familiarize you with the nuances of BlazeDS and remote objects in Flex as well as create source code samples you could provide should you ever need one (although the aformentioned application is kind of small).

I myself am a contractor and I know what you are talking about when you say they want Java.  It seems that at a corporate level , there is a misunderstanding of Flex and what it does and what Flex developers are like. This is in addition to other nonsense that comes in the contract world (i.e A description that reads "8 years experience with Flex 4 A MUST").

• 2. Re: I want to do contracting
            nikos101 Level 2

yeah thanks, you'd think they'ed be better informed

• 3. Re: I want to do contracting
              peteandrus Level 1

(i.e A description that reads "8 years experience with Flex 4 A MUST").

L-O-Freakin'-L that made me chuckle......

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: I want to do contracting
                nikos101 Level 2

what about .NET experiance, is that in demand