Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Properties Data Missing After Uploading on .ftp

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2010 Aug 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are having problems retaining the properties information in the .pdf files we upload to our ftp area.

Here's what's happening.

I have added metadata into the Properties area (I have tried this two ways; in Acrobat itself under File/Properties/Description - AND when right clicking on the file on the desktop, and adding to the Properties provided in the dropdown box). After saving the .pdf files, I uploaded them onto our .ftp - the metadata disappears. And I know this happens at the uploading process - to test this I uploaded a file with Properties data included in the file. Then I downloaded the EXACT SAME file that was just uploaded. Sure enough, all the Properties data I typed into the file is missing.

I don't know if this issue is with the .pdf files, our .ftp

Is anyone else having similar issues?

I have our IT guys working on the problem. Thot I'd help them out and see if anyone else out there had ideas.

Cheers

Vikas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2010 Aug 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a question about eBooks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2010 Aug 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't appear to be an e-book question, but a pdf file question. None the less, how are you uploading the file via ftp. What settings? What is your OS? What is the server OS? What software are you using to ftp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mic,

Thanks for your interest in this query, it would be helpful if you could guide us.

Please find below required details

1. FTP folders has full permissions (including subfolder)
2. local OS - win XP (I have tried from different OS , XP, windows 2000 / vista)
3. Server OS - win 2003 server
4. filezila FTP client 3.3.3 (tried from windows explorer as well)

Cheers

Vikas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines