3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2010 9:11 AM by Todd_Kopriva

cs5 / dynamic link / MP

artefact_1974

working with cs5 production bundle, dual xeon 5650, quadro fx 3800, 12gb ram. every time i import a premiere sequence (avcintra100) into ae, the multi-processor rendering is disabeld because of "incompatible effects or expressions" . no effects in the premiere timeline. wondering if this is just my problem or is this common? thanks and greetings, artefact

• 1. Re: cs5 / dynamic link / MP
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Please give a specific series of commands that you're executing so that we know exactly what you're doing. You mention Dynamic Link, and then you mention importing a sequence. To help you troubleshoot, we need to know which of the many ways of transferring information between Premiere Pro and After Effects you're using.

• 2. Re: cs5 / dynamic link / MP
            artefact_1974 Level 1

i am doing a "plain" edit, no fx, in premiere and then i import this sequence into ae (via import-dialog in ae), so i am "dynamic-linking" it. i guess this is an dynamic link, changing a cut in premiere changes the cut in ae. during a ram-preview with some effects in ae, i am getting the message "mp disabled because of an effect or expression". so 1 of my 12/24 cores is working. the strange thing is, when i cust copy/paste (copy via ctrl-c all the clips in the premiere-timeline) and paste the into an empy timeline in ae, mp works?! thanks for your response, artefact

• 3. Re: cs5 / dynamic link / MP
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> and then i import this sequence into ae (via import-dialog in ae), so i am "dynamic-linking" it.

Sorry to be pedantic, but could you please tell me exactly the wording of the menu commands that you click to do this? There are several ways to get information from Premiere Pro to After Effects, and I'm still not sure which one you're using. Based on what you've said so far, I'm pretty sure that you're not actually using one of the Dynamic Link ways.