6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2010 2:15 PM by Jon Macdee

Help installing 6.1 update

Jon Macdee

I have  elements amd premiere elements 8  on reading the install instructions for the update  I am a bit unsure about the folowing . It says remove the exsisting plug in   Which one? I have 5 8BI's. also do I do the install first then   swap the plugins .. Do I have to this with both premiere elements and elements

• 1. Re: Help installing 6.1 update
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The plugin to remove is the same plugin that is contained in the ZIP file.

• 2. Re: Help installing 6.1 update
            Jon Macdee Level 1

Thanks but that is what is  confusing I do not have aplug in called camera raw 8BI

• 3. Re: Help installing 6.1 update
              Jon Macdee Level 1

Belay my last response  I was looking in the

wrong plugin folderfound the correct one now

• 4. Re: Help installing 6.1 update
                Jon Macdee Level 1

Ok I have now installed as per the instructions .However although all seems to work and I can now open the RAW image whch I could not before  I now on starting Pe8 get an Owl orphange PE editor. exe-bad image  across the welcomescreen, It  the application or dll  then the path plugin/file formats win64\Camera Raw is not a valid Windows image .Please check this against your instalation Diskette..I did notice  the win 64 folder also appeared in the same folder although I only extracted the CR8BI file..

OK have  removed the Win 64 folder and  now do not get the warning .It appears to only have had another 8BI file in it

• 5. Re: Help installing 6.1 update
                  ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The PSE-version of the Camera_Raw_6_1.zip contains three files:

Camera RAW.8bi

CameraProfiles.EXE

Win64\Camera RAW.8bi

I'm not sure sure, but from the error message you're getting, it sounds like you may have extracted the entire ZIP into the plugins folder.  What you should have done is extracted the Camera RAW.8bi and placed it in the PSE-specific location, as well as the PRE-specific location.  If you extracted the entire zip in there, then just go deleted the Win64\Camera RAW.8bi from the Plugins folder.

Then you could also have run the CameraProfiles.exe to get any new camera profiles if the camera you're working with is relatively new.  If you also extracted this into the Plugins folder, you can delete it, too.

The Win64\Camera RAW.8bi is used by Photoshop 64-bit and is not needed by PSE and should not reside in the plugins folder for PSE.

• 6. Re: Help installing 6.1 update
                    Jon Macdee Level 1

Thanks again no I only had the correct file andaccidentely the win 64   in the  plug in  folder.I got rid of the win 64 and all seems ok now .My camera was already  in the supported list Thanks again for your help