This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
Hi Jason and welcome to our community
How exactly are you previewing?
I'm sure it sounds like a silly question to ask, but in Captivate there are several ways to preview. For example:
* Clicking the Preview toolbar button and selecting "Play this slide" or pressing F3, the Spacebar or clicking the icon to play the slide "in place" to see a preview right inside the edit area
* Clicking the Preview toolbar button and selecting "Project" or pressing F4 to preview the complete project in the Captivate preview area
* Clicking the Preview toolbar button and selecting "From this slide" or pressing F8 to preview the project from the existing slide to the end in the Captivate preview area
* Clicking the Preview toolbar button and selecting "Next n slides" or pressing F10 to preview a certain number of slides (this number can be changed in versions 2 and 3)
* Clicking the Preview toolbar button and selecting "In Web Browser" or pressing F12 to preview the complete project as your end user will see it within your default Web Browser.
So perhaps it has something to do with the manner in which you are previewing?
Just a thought... Rick
Play This Slide
I was using F4 on the project
it is really weird!!! The only obvious difference is that a SWF file is created and its shown in a different viewer (as opposed to the main window). All the failures show the same plain white slideshow.
All help appreciated
Does anyone know what's going wrong with this?
I'm really keen to show full screen recording but it keeps showing as white - something I'm doing perhaps?
I can't figure it out.
I have been having the same problem with the white screen. I will check out that VMWare image thing... if I can figure it out!