4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2010 10:42 AM by the_wine_snob

recovered files without names, reconnect?

richcampent

I lost 18,000 files but was able to recover most of them however none of them have their original names so FCP has no idea what's going on. Is there anyway to reconnect through the files attributes such as time, size? anything that could save me reedting this work? Thanks

• 1. Re: recovered files without names, reconnect?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Probably not. However, I have used a recovery suite, Stellar-Phoenix, and one of its modules offers a really good AV/image file recovery capability. Might be worth the effort. It saved me days, though not every file could be fully recovered. Still, worth the $ to me.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: recovered files without names, reconnect?
            shooternz Level 6

Was there a particular reason why you posted a FCP question in PPRO

forum?

(Just curious)

• 3. Re: recovered files without names, reconnect?
              richcampent Level 1

Sorry I have both fcp and premiere and go between the two I asked the same question just checking if other had something to offer in this department... Sorry forgot to switch out fcp for premiere in question...

• 4. Re: recovered files without names, reconnect?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

No problem. I doubt that either NLE can be of much help (but do not know FCP), so it becomes a general issue, and at the system level. We get a lot of general questions here, and do our best. We will not hold FCP against you...

I think that recovery software is about the only way to go, and you'll need a lot of luck.

Here's a couple of X'ed fingers in AZ, USA, hoping that some program, like Stellar-Phoenix, will help you out. Remember, they offer several different modules. They used to offer trials (probably still do), so you will want to look carefully at each module. I liked it so much that I bought licenses to all of their suites for the PC, though they are a few versions old now. Saved much of my "bacon" on two crashes. They were not 100%, but that is life.

Good luck,

Hunt