6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2010 5:26 PM by jimyLucas87

Videos only play twice?

jimyLucas87

Hi my name is jimmy and I an new here,

I have been using catalyst for some time now including using Beta for a while but I run into a in issue that I can not solve. Every time I play through the project (video in the project) twice it works fine, but on the third time the .swf freezes and locks up on numerous computers I have tested and also on numerous export points - does anyone have any advice?

My videos are on auto play and loop is set to off.

Thank you very much, Jimmy

• 1. Re: Videos only play twice?
          Tanya Heins-2I5OoU Level 3

Hi Jimmy,

Happy to take a look at your file if you can share it.

I tested this out to check it wasn't a Flash Catalyst bug, and couldn't reproduce what you are describing.  (see file attached)

In the environments where you are testing, have you checked on the version of the Flash player?

Best,

Tanya

• 2. Re: Videos only play twice?
            jimyLucas87 Level 1

Hi Tanya,

Thanks for the reply I have check your attached file and it works perfectly, but I then changed the settings to exactly how I have my setup and the error still occours, what I changed in your file was:

In Page2 I selected the sampleflv.flv video 'video controls' to none (so there is no play button etc. visible)

then I linked video in Page2 to 'on video play complete' 'play transition to state' back to Page1 when in Page2.

I played it through twice works great, third time it freezes and does not count down in the video - reproducing the exact error I have occoured.

Thank you very much for your time I hope you can help.

Jimmy.

• 3. Re: Videos only play twice?

Hi Jimmy,

Can you post the file where you made the above changes so that the Fc product team can take a look. 

Thanks,

Tanya

• 4. Re: Videos only play twice?
                jimyLucas87 Level 1

Hello again,

Sorry I can't really post the file. I know this makes it hard for you to help out but I can ensure you that this issue happens every time and also that I have also tested and it happens on other systems at university.

Would it still be possible to see if you can help - does this issue occour when you try it on your system? Do you have any advice or solutions?

Thanks, Jimmy

• 5. Re: Videos only play twice?

Hi Jimmy,

Yes.  The same error occurs consistently on my computers.  With these settings ( 'video controls' to none and interaction to 'on video play complete' 'play transition to state' back to Page1 when in Page2) on the flv, it freezes on the third replay.   Am posting the file with this message and will notify the Fc team.

Tanya

• 6. Re: Videos only play twice?
                    jimyLucas87 Level 1

Hello Tanya,

OK thank you very much. I understand this may take some time for the Fc team to solve, could you estimate how long it may take? I would also appretiate it if you could let me know what the solution is when it does get solved.

Thank you once again, Jimmy