Expand my Community achievements bar.

Passing form data to subforms created on the fly

Level 1

Hi,

I have a form (let's call it Transaction) where you enter a product's buyer's information: Name, Address, etc. If the product has more than one component on the form there is a radio box which when clicked on creates a subform (let's call it Component) where you enter the component's information. The buyer's name from the Transaction form should automatically appear on the Component form.

If you have more than one product you can click on the button to create another Transaction form to enter another buyer's information and if you click on the radio box it will create another Component form and the new buyer's name should automatically appear on this form and so on...

The problem I have is that no matter what I enter in the subsequent buyer's field in the Transaction form in the Compenent field I get the first buyer's name. In other words, if I created 3 Transaction forms and 3 Component forms the buyer's name on all 3 Component forms is the same as the first buyer's name.

This may be confusing so please let me know if you have any questions.

thanks in advance

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Check the binding on the buyer's name it may be set to "Use global data".

Steve

Level 1

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the reply.

I don't think that is the problem. The issue is that there may be more than 1 Buyer forms and more than one Manufacturer forms and I don't know how to link say Buyer 3 name to Manufacturer 3 name.

Please take a look at the form if you can or have time. The name of the buyer is entered in (a) Name (Foreign Obligor). When you click on Aggregated radio box (on the right side) another form will be created. In the new form the first field is Manufacturer and should be field automatically from the (a) Name (Foreign Obligor) field.

Currently this is how I link the two forms: this.rawValue = itemized.popcorn.task.AName.rawValue where AName is the (a) Name (Foreign Obligor)

Currently there is a hard coded form on page two. Please disregard that. When you click on Aggregated radio box the new form will be created on page 3.

please let me know if you have any questions and thank you for your help.

torgom