7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2010 5:06 PM by jerry98225

SWC crazy issue!!

jerry98225 Level 1

Hi guys

I am trying to export the button symbol from Flash and publish swc file for Flex.

I have successfully export 3 buttons which are playBtn, stopBtn, pauseBtn from flash and add swc file to my flex actionscript files.

my code is:

private var stopBt:stopBtn;

private var playBt:playBtn;

private var pauseBt:pauseBtn;

private var mutebt:muteBtn // no such datatype.....

error message....

//an internal build error has occurred, right click for more information

Since I add swc from flash in flex, I don't have to import these button...However, when I tried to create 1 more button (muteBtn) in flash and did the same thing again in flex, it gave me "an internal build error has occurred, right click for more information" error. When I created a var and tried to type :, there are no muteBtn datatype pop up.... I have spent 2 hours on this crazy crap and don't know WTF is going on. Forgive my language...but I am really frustrated....I really appreciate if someone can help me here...Thanks a lot!!!

• 1. Re: SWC crazy issue!!
          injpix Level 3

I am not 100% if I follow what you're saying, however did you do a Clean command in Flash/Flex Builder?  I believe you need to do this when you publish a SWC from Flash.

To do this in Builder, navigate to: Project > Clean...

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: SWC crazy issue!!
            jerry98225 Level 1

Sorry for the confusion..My problem is that I had 1 SWC file (with 3 buttons) that is published from Flash and add it to my Flex AS3 project.

var btn1:playBtn;

var btn2:stopBtn;

var btn3:pauseBtn;

It's fine so far......

but when I tried to add one more button and publish SWC from flash again, Flex gives me error message:

var btn1:playBtn;

var btn2:stopBtn;

var btn3:pauseBtn;

var btn4:muteBtn; // The datatype muteBtn doesn't show up in the datatype hint popup...
                                      //I had to type it manually...

and I had following error...

an internal build error has occurred, right click for more information

clean project doesn't help me...don't know what's going on here...Thanks for help...

• 3. Re: SWC crazy issue!!
              injpix Level 3

If you have FlashBuilder, you can introspect the SWC.  That is, you can drill down into the SWC to see what it contains via 'Package Explorer' panel.  The SWC, when referenced for a project, will appear in the 'Referenced Libraries' package in this panel.  If you don't have Flash Builder, open up the SWC file.  A SWC file is a archive file with a SWF and XML file in it.  Change the file type from .swc to .zip and see in that XML file if that class is included.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: SWC crazy issue!!
                jerry98225 Level 1

Thanks....drill down to swc is exactly what I need...would you know how to introspect the SWC is my flash builder 4?? Thanks....

• 5. Re: SWC crazy issue!!
                  jerry98225 Level 1

NVM...I found it on Google now..Thanks....reply one more time so I can give you correct answer..Thanks again..

• 6. Re: SWC crazy issue!!
                    injpix Level 3

See the image below.

Capture.PNG

• 7. Re: SWC crazy issue!!
                      jerry98225 Level 1

wow...you do have many flex projects....how many years have you been doing flex development??