You forgot to mention what your email client is.
...as in email address???? *******@yahoo.com
Is that what I needed to put in the post? I just found this forum this afternoon so I apologize if I am not following the correct procedures.
Message was edited by Jochem van Dieten
Oh, duh! The email clients I use are yahoo, gmail, and outlook express. The problem is the same in all three. I guess now every knows one of my email addresses.
Sorry for the confusion - I certainly would never ask anybody to publish their email address in a public forum! Hopefully Yahoo has good spam filters...
I know of Outlook Express, but to the best of my knowledge, Yahoo and Gmail are mostly accessed via web mail in a web browser.
So do you access your Yahoo and Google accounts via Outlook Express, or via web browser?
And while we are at it: what web browser and version are you using?
I really appreciate your questions. They are making me think through these
problems. I guess I make a lot of assumptions. I need to give you much more
1) I use Firefox browser on both PCs. I get my Yahoo mail on the laptop and
desktop through Firefox. Both exhibit the problem of not being able to open a
2) For Gmail, I use ThunderBird (another Mozilla product). However, when
accessing Gmail directly through the browser or through ThunderBird, the problem
3) I launched Gmail through Internet Explorer, and pdf files would open up
normally. So, at least part of the problem is with Mozilla.
4) Outlook Express accessing regular old pop3 mail on an AT&T mail server,
still has the problem.
5) I still have more homework to do. There is obviously a Mozilla component to
the problem, but there is more to it than that. At times, even pdf files on the
desktop want to be saved, again. It feels like there is a configuration setting