3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2010 7:38 AM by bnemeth

Error occured opening file...Please help!

bnemeth

Good morning everyone,

I have an .fla file that I've been working on for hours and hours. Everything seemed to be fine when I went to bed last night, but I woke up this morniong to find I can't open the file, I get the message "An eror occurred openning file 'C:\users....'.

Is there any way I can fix this? I need the file for an interview Monday morning. It still needs a lot of work and I'm really stressing. Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

bee

• 1. Re: Error occured opening file...Please help!
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

if you haven't already tried,

1.  right click your fla and click open with (and select flash).  if that fails:

2.  with flash open, click file/open and navigate to your fla.  if that fails:

3.  move your fla to another directory and try 1 and then 2.  if those fail:

4.  rename your moved fla (with the same file extension) and try 1 and then 2.

if all those fail, upload your fla to a server and post a link.

• 2. Re: Error occured opening file...Please help!
            bnemeth Level 1

Thanks, but no luck :-(

I just tried creating an entirely new document as well, saved every couple of minutes and everything seemed to be working fine. I closed and reopened and got the same message on that file.

I'm working on the trial version, in case that gives anyone any other ideas...

• 3. Re: Error occured opening file...Please help!
              bnemeth Level 1

also, if it helps anyone to better understand the issue...it seems like the

file works perfectly until I close flash and try reopenning it.

cs5 trial version, issue has occurred on two files now

thanks again for any help!