7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2010 6:13 AM by markdgoodley

How do you run Multiple Files on a single screen?

markdgoodley Level 1

Greetings; Please only respond if you've ACTUALLY done this, no opinions requested.

I'd like to run several /.mov/mp4 files simultaneously on a single screen to simulate a 360deg view.

If I start 5 cameras filming simultaneously (front, back, left, right,  rover), I'd like to sync the files, then combine the video on a single screen in large crossed  thumbnails/2"X2" format.   For example; Top, Bottom, Left, Right, Center images...

How can this be done in Premier...?...and then exported to a standard format...?

Again; Please only respond if you have ACTUALLY done this; no opinions please...

Thank YOU

• 1. Re: How do you run Multiple Files on a single screen?
          shooternz Level 6
          Again; Please only respond if you have ACTUALLY done this; no opinions please...

I am going to respond despite not ever having done this:

So I will NOT offer  you a opinion  how I would do it... but I will say...

This is a dumb way to get advice.

In  a creative world ...working for paying clients... many of us regularly  do something we have never done before.  D

Doesnt mean we cant work it out.

Good luck with it.

• 2. Re: How do you run Multiple Files on a single screen?
            Level 4

You want something like THIS ?  Assuming you are shooting in HD (16:9) ...square PIP ( picture in picture ) would kinda look like this..

1920x1080.jpg

---------------

and then exported to a standard format.

----------------

How do you define " standard ? "

ps ... sneedley ?

• 3. Re: How do you run Multiple Files on a single screen?
              Level 4

---------------------

If I start 5 cameras filming simultaneously (front, back, left, right,   rover), I'd like to sync the files, then combine the video on a single  screen in large crossed

------------------------

When I did this type of shot before I had to do some tricky stuff....and the hardest part for me was keeping me from shooting the other cameras and those other camera operators, not to mention trying not to see all those reflections of cameras and everything in the car, especially when I flew over the roof on wire !  Eventually I got it done but I had to basiscally use space lights with skirts and diffusion and then tent the car off with silk ( this was in a large football field sized stage )...and then put little holes in the silk for the "lenses"...and then hire a lot of people to walk that silk around as the cameras all dollied on track with the movement of the silk...  took forever to get the shot but it was beautiful if you squinted.

good luck !

ps...I when I edited this just like you want to do, with a lot of simutaneous screens within the frame, it looked so 3 dimensional people actually lost their balance watching it !

• 4. Re: How do you run Multiple Files on a single screen?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

There are several software packages designed to do what I think you want, and will then allow the user control over the view. These are most often seen in real estate and some go so far as allowing an infinite number of 360 views on an infinite number of axes. I do not have any names handy, but will bet that Google can give you several.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: How do you run Multiple Files on a single screen?
                  Level 4

Bill, those are for 360 degree still cameras....to animate them...

photoshop can do that now I think...though I don't have cs5

• 6. Re: How do you run Multiple Files on a single screen?
                    markdgoodley Level 1

Hi;

You've got the question figured out... Thank You...

Yes; your image layout would work fine; though i was actually thinking of

the front and back view cameras taking up the full horizontal (rectangular)

areas, with the Left/Right and Center/Rover cameras, taking up

the smaller squares...  In a perfect world, the option to expand each to a

full screen and/or zoom would be great...

The first questions are; A. How do you sync the multiple camera files to run

simultaneously and accurately., then how do you place each of these

individualrunning  files onto a single screen...

Thanks,

mark

• 7. Re: How do you run Multiple Files on a single screen?
                      markdgoodley Level 1

"Standard"... .mov, mpeg4, etc...

Regards,

m