Recommended workflow when using photos, videos and audio in premiere and LR3
Recommended flow when using photos, videos and audio
I’m using Premiere for video editing, LR3 for photos. Currently I have a lot of raw sources like photos, footage and MP3.
Can anyone share his workflow regarding how to arrange all those files such as:
- How to build the directory tree?
- Where to store the original/edited photos?
- Where to store the raw footage and how to manage the exported media from premiere?
- Does anyone use a dedicated storage device so the files could be accessible from other computers too? Should that be a 1Gbit/s network device?
- How do you backup this all stuff?
Thanks for the tips
Welcome to the forum.
First, I'd process the Camera RAW files in Photoshop via the ACR, and then Scale them in PS to approximately the Frame Size of the Project/Sequence. Do not rely on PrPro to Scale, and you will improve quality plus reduce processing overheard. I Save_As PSD's from PS. This ARTICLE will give you some tips on automating the process. Note: that was written for SD, so just do the math if doing an HD Project.
I would also convert ALL MP3 files to PCM/WAV. I use Audition, but the free audio-editor, Audacity, can do it too. MP3's can cause all sorts of issues. You cannot regain the data lost to the MP3 compression process, but will eliminate many potential problems later on.