I have done some more investigation (read below) if you are
interested, but my main observation is that
DW CS3 interates multiple times on EACH file when doing a folder
rename which causes this action to take literally hours on a large
site (? - never did finish).
1. How can i allocate more memory for DW (no option in
2. What other things can i try?
1. Dell Dimension 8300, Pentium 4, 2.60GHz, 4gb RAM.
2. Recreated site cache (thanks Joris) before running any
2. folder rename - 292 files - DW never finished, kept
iterating on all files, occasionally get sharing violation on
3. folder rename - 32 files (same site, just removed 260
files) - DW finished in < 1 minute
edited to say: doing a global replace on a string in the
entire site takes about 10 minutes for all 292 files but this
action is only occurring once on each file.