3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2010 3:58 PM by Claudio González

Why does PM7 sometimes print a different font than selected?

Mooney201BZ

When I print an entire file of 20 - 30 pages, PM7 sometimes prints a small section of the file in a font that looks like Arial even though the text is in Times New Roman. I've double-checked to ensure that the text is in fact saved in Times New Roman. When printing just the one page, the print is normal with the correct font throughout. This problem only happens twice in a 410-page document, and always on the same two pages in the same location. Help!

• 1. Re: Why does PM7 sometimes print a different font than selected?
          Claudio González Most Valuable Participant

If I were you, I would try re

doing those two pages. In any case, don't expect too much from a program that was discontinued many ytears ago.

Extra line break kindly provided by the non updated software of this site.

• 2. Re: Why does PM7 sometimes print a different font than selected?
            Mooney201BZ Level 1

Thanks, Claudio. I appreciate the response and excellent suggestion. However, I've done what you suggest several times with no results. Somewhere, somehow, there's something embedded that causes the problem ... but only when the pages with the problems are printed as one page in a group. When I print the individual page, everything works perfectly. Mel

• 3. Re: Why does PM7 sometimes print a different font than selected?
              Claudio González Most Valuable Participant

Mel, I haven't used PM in many years, but I seem to recall having problems like the one you describe. As far as I can remember, if one had the time to perform a thorough check, these could nearly always be linked to something in a wrong or damaged font, and this was not always easy to spot. Sometimes it was just a single blank space in the middle of perfectly normal text, sometimes it could be a single character, or a couple of them, standing behind the text or a figure, or in a remote corner of the desktop. If one didn't have the time, sometimes it was better to rewrite the whole text in a brand new file, placing again any figures from fresh copies of the originals, and replace the troblesome page(s). But it has been so long that my recollections may not be all that good.

Good luck.