2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2010 11:19 AM by Todd_Kopriva

Problem with rendering h.264

cloud1g

Okay I am trying to make a clip that is 1080p and I need to render it with h.264 because otherwise the file is enormous. However I keep getting this error whenever I try to render it.

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae170/cloud1g/Untitled-1.jpg

If anyone could tell me what I am doing wrong or another way to render this video and keep it under 2 gigs but still HD that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,

Cloud

• 1. Re: Problem with rendering h.264
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

It tells you everything you need - you use invalid settings. Profile levels can be increased in the settings for the encoder, but they should default to level 3.0, which already covers all standard resolutions and framerates, so it is more likely you need to adjust your comp framerate. There realyl isn't much more to tell here. Read up on this stuff...

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Problem with rendering h.264
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Mylenium is right. Here's a litle more information.

This type of “mismatch” error message indicates that you have a setting  in the format-specific settings that is incompatible with the settings  chosen in the Output Module Settings or Render Settings dialog box.

In the Export Settings dialog box, there's a Comments field that  explains what the constraints are for the format and preset that you  chose. Follow those instructions.

This is After Effects CS4, I presume. After Effects CS5 made this quite a bit easier.