5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2010 4:46 PM by the_wine_snob

HD to DVD

mobile suite

I really like premiere elements, however I just returned it because you cannot burn HD (avchd) to a dvd disk.

Really Adobe, folks that use a $100 dollar software are not going to want to burn to $10 dollar disks. ( plus have a blue ray burner).

Is there any hope this could change in the near future?  I hope so because you folks have an awsome editing software.

• 1. Re: HD to DVD
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I assume you're asking that rhetorically since (a) this forum is run by fellow users of the program, not Adobe, so there's nobody from Adobe here who can answer your question and (b) those who do know what the future holds are under a non-disclosure agreement and would not be able to comment.

Anyway, it's strange that that particular feature would be the dealbreaker for you -- especially since there are thrid-party options that make it possible.

Was there really nothing else about this excellent program that appealed to you?

Oh well. Hope you find a program that does what you need.

• 2. Re: HD to DVD
            mobile suite Level 1

Steve,

Sorry about that I get it now,  I really thought Adobe was going to respond.

I haven't been around the block enough to know there is a third party option

to make this issue work.  Any info you could pass on I would appriciate.

• 3. Re: HD to DVD
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't know how to write HD to DVD... but you do need to realize that the DVD Specification (and all "regular" DVD players) only includes SD video... not HD at all

However... IF you want to write HD to a DVD as something other than a "regular" DVD (ie- outside the DVD specification) you may do that

But, as far as I know, playback is going to either require a BluRay player, or a DVD player that is able to play a DATA disc with HD data

• 4. Re: HD to DVD
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Meantime, you can contact Adobe by clicking on the Contact button at the top of this web page.

• 5. Re: HD to DVD
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Too bad that you did not post earlier.

Here is one THREAD on AVCHD to DVD, and HERE is another that parallels it.

Now, I believe that the vast majority of users, who shoot HD material DO want BD, have BD burners and will spend the $ on BD media.

Since the advent of HD recording, there have only been a small handful of folk wanting to burn their HD to DVD. We have actually had more requests for converting older SD material to HD.

If one has a lot of HD, that they wish to get the best possible DVD output, then this ARTICLE might well be useful.

Good luck,

Hunt