1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 200 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2010 2:28 PM by areohbee Go to original post
      • 80. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
        areohbee Level 6

Not to minimize your plight, and please ignore if you already know all this - but have you tried rebuilding all the 1:1 previews?

6-9 seconds sounds more like a "raw rendering time" than an "already rendered load time".

If you render all the previews ahead of time, they should load in the library in 2-3 seconds or less instead of 6-9 - which may still be too slow for culling large shoots and is why some of us sometimes use a different tool for that (ones that just display the embedded jpeg as fast as possible) before even importing in Lightroom. (I use ViewNX, but I've heard of IrfanView and there's another for mac).

win7-64.

• 81. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
          areohbee Level 6

One thing thats faster in 3.2RC than 3.0 for me is the before/after switching in develop mode. In 3.0 it was sometimes fairly fast, and sometimes very slow. So far in 3.2RC it has always been fast. And, since I use it way too much it's great that its working better - .

Rob

• 82. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
            Richard_Costin

An articulate, well constructed comment, conveying your thoughts on a minor feature you would like to be included in a photography app.

Well done, I am sure the team will fall over to put this in for you now.

hpmoon wrote:

Still no AVCHD = FAIL

• 83. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
              Lee Jay-ZyZk56 Level 4

TK2142 wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

If you submitted it once for a major version to that form, that should be sufficient.  Those bug reports go directly to the team.

Thanks for the info.

We don't know whether they think they've provided a fix, though.

Tom's blog has the fixed bug list, as does the lab site.

• 84. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                TK2142 Level 1

Lee Jay wrote:

Tom's blog has the fixed bug list, as does the lab site.

I know, thanks.

However, I think we all know that more was fixed than has been documented.

The (partial) performance improvements I'm experiencing are not the result of the published fixes.

• 85. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                  John_R_Smith

I have been running the 3.2 RC for a couple of evenings now. On my Win 7 64-bit PC it seems to be stable and with no obvious bugs. In particular, using the before/after view is faster than before. However, with the same files and on the same PC it is still noticeably a bit slower than LR 2.7 on a lot of operations, such as simply switching between modules. There is often a little gulp while the application seems to think about what to do next. Where I am still experiencing real problems is with the Perspective Control. Actually applying the PC is fine, and totally interactive, but once I have used it on an image any further editing with the adjustment brush or spot removal is virtually impossible, as the change in the image lags many seconds behind the brush all the time. Gradient fill is also slow to respond, but usable.

John

• 86. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                    JayS In CT Level 1

imajez wrote:

I've just installed 3.2RC on laptop and so far seems identical to 3.0 in it's sluggishness.

But how much of that is due to crappy Apple software I do not know, as 10.6 is more Slug Leopard than Snow Leopard.

Bridge was faster on my 7yr old single core XP PC than it is on my 1 yr 17"  dual core MBP with twice the RAM.

I'l try later on desktop, but to say I'm a bit fed up with lacklustre software is a vast understatement. I have a huge project to finish off with over three months of photographing 15hrs a day and there is no way I'm going to even start on this when I cannot even go through the  images to shortlist without seeing the dreaded loading icon whirl around for 6-9 secs if zooming in to 100% in Library.

Imajez,

Are you on 10.6.4 or 10.6.3?  I rolled back to 10.6.3 pretty quickly after 10.6.4, and have been avoiding the update since because I thought it added even more headaches to LR 3.  When I get a chance I'll copy the boot drive to an external and try applying it again there on the 3.2RC, but again, I was very underwhelmed with 10.6.4.  I'm not sure if others are running the latest Snow Leopard without issue.

Jay S.

• 87. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                      Mylan Dawson

I have tried several times to install the release candidate.  However, I do not think it is actually being installed. I see no publishing option for facebook and the version still says 3.0.

Any thoughts on how I can know for certain and if it is not installing, what I may be able to do?

Running on Mac, in case it matters.

Thanks

• 88. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                        JayS In CT Level 1

John_R_Smith wrote:

I have been running the 3.2 RC for a couple of evenings now. On my Win 7 64-bit PC it seems to be stable and with no obvious bugs. In particular, using the before/after view is faster than before. However, with the same files and on the same PC it is still noticeably a bit slower than LR 2.7 on a lot of operations, such as simply switching between modules. There is often a little gulp while the application seems to think about what to do next. Where I am still experiencing real problems is with the Perspective Control. Actually applying the PC is fine, and totally interactive, but once I have used it on an image any further editing with the adjustment brush or spot removal is virtually impossible, as the change in the image lags many seconds behind the brush all the time. Gradient fill is also slow to respond, but usable.

John

Hello John,

Looks like you're new to the forum, so welcome..  Good first post.  Here's the link for bug reporting.  It's the most direct line we have to letting the Adobe team know what's going on.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Again, welcome to the group.

Jay S.

• 89. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                          Jasonized Level 3

If you're on a mac, then it does not replace the 3.0 install.  Look into your Applications folder, you should see a Lightroom 3.2RC app in addition to the 3.0.  Click on that one, not the 3.0...

If it's not there, then it didn't install!

Cheers!

• 90. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                            JayS In CT Level 1

Mountdrago1 wrote:

I have tried several times to install the release candidate.  However, I do not think it is actually being installed. I see no publishing option for facebook and the version still says 3.0.

Any thoughts on how I can know for certain and if it is not installing, what I may be able to do?

Running on Mac, in case it matters.

Thanks

Since you're on a Mac you should see the two (3.0 and 3.2) side by side in your applications folder.

Jay S.

• 91. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                              SSwayze Level 1

Error when adding Date/Time to filename on import: This is a frequently reported bug in LR3 but is not mentioned as a fix in 3.2. When will this be addressed?? I sent a report several weeks ago and I know others have as well. When renaming on import, the time in the filename is shifted back by 4 hours. Problem occurs on both the desktop and laptop installations. I now import without renaming and need to remember to rename all files AFTER import to get an accurate time in the filename. My son, also on 2 computers, on a separate license in a distant city has the same bug. Others have complained as well. This is a big pain in the neck and seems like it should be a pretty simple fix. Please help us out!

• 92. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                davidnaylor83 Level 1

SSwayze wrote:

Error when adding Date/Time to filename on import: This is a frequently reported bug in LR3 but is not mentioned as a fix in 3.2. When will this be addressed?? I sent a report several weeks ago and I know others have as well. When renaming on import, the time in the filename is shifted back by 4 hours. Problem occurs on both the desktop and laptop installations. I now import without renaming and need to remember to rename all files AFTER import to get an accurate time in the filename. My son, also on 2 computers, on a separate license in a distant city has the same bug. Others have complained as well. This is a big pain in the neck and seems like it should be a pretty simple fix. Please help us out!

I've come across this bug too. For me it was only one hours difference. Someone told me it has to do with which time zone you're in.

Now I've rethought my file naming scheme. I just do a letter (designating the camera used) and a serial number.

• 93. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                  dorin_nicolaescu Level 5

Are you sure this is 3.2RC?

My tests show that rename on import works ok now, but instead renaming in Library is broken. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/698913?tstart=0

• 94. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                    SSwayze Level 1

The bug was in 3.0, but I didn’t see the fix listed in the 3.2 release

notes. I haven’t downloaded 3.2 yet, but I will if, as you say, the bug is

gone. If renaming in the Library is broken, that’s less of a problem for me,

but it should be reported. Thanks for the tip!

From: Dorin Nicolaescu-Musteață <forums@adobe.com>

Reply-To: <clearspace-1455141511-698312-2-3047809@mail.forums.adobe.com>

Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 08:49:53 -0600

To: Sam Swayze <sswayze1@rochester.rr.com>

Subject: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on

Adobe Labs

My tests show that rename on import works ok now, but instead renaming in

Library is broken. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/698913?tstart=0

• 95. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                      TheMaxster26 Level 1

areohbee wrote:

I don't think Lightroom supports "subject distance" natively. There are other missing exif fields too that motivated me to write the ExifMeta plugin, which you can use for free if you want to.

Rob

Sorry I should have mentionned that 3.0 that I still have installed side by side with 3.2 does display subject distance for NEF and CR2 files (not for tiffs created from those though). I will try your plugin anyway cause it looks useful

Thanks

• 96. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                        davidnaylor83 Level 1

dorin_nicolaescu wrote:

My tests show that rename on import works ok now, but instead renaming in Library is broken. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/698913?tstart=0

No, I had the import bug in 3.0. Haven't tried it in 3.2 RC.    

• 97. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                          JayS In CT Level 1

TheMaxster26 wrote:

areohbee wrote:

I don't think Lightroom supports "subject distance" natively. There are other missing exif fields too that motivated me to write the ExifMeta plugin, which you can use for free if you want to.

Rob

Sorry I should have mentionned that 3.0 that I still have installed side by side with 3.2 does display subject distance for NEF and CR2 files (not for tiffs created from those though). I will try your plugin anyway cause it looks useful

Thanks

I'm interested in knowing how you are displaying subject distance?  I'm interested in that data, but am not seeing it with CR2 files I've got loaded.

Thanks in advance.

Jay S.

• 98. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                            jlstair

John_R_Smith wrote:

John

I just wanted to chime in and say that this is the same problem I am having.  I have traced all of my Develop mode issues to the use of manual Lens Corrections (horizontal, vertical, and rotate).  Editing an image after Lens Corrections have been applied is near impossible (tools take 10-20 seconds to respond).  If I turn lens corrections off, editing becomes quick again.  So for now, my workaround is to turn off lens corrections until I am ready to export.  Hopefully this is something that can be resolved in a later release.

• 99. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                              TheMaxster26 Level 1

JayS In CT wrote:

I'm interested in knowing how you are displaying subject distance?  I'm interested in that data, but am not seeing it with CR2 files I've got loaded.

Thanks in advance.

Jay S.

In Lightroom 3.0, I can see the subject distance when displaying the EXIF data in the Library Module, but this field is not showing up anymore in 3.2

Max

• 100. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                                JayS In CT Level 1

TheMaxster26 wrote:

JayS In CT wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Jay S.

In Lightroom 3.0, I can see the subject distance when displaying the EXIF data in the Library Module, but this field is not showing up anymore in 3.2

Max

Thanks.   I see it now..  Wonder why it is absent in 3.2RC?  I don't know of a way to add more EXIF info in LR specific to a field.

Jay S.

• 101. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                                  JayS In CT Level 1

Tom Hogarty wrote:

This release includes camera support, bug fixes and new features.  Details here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2010/08/lightroom-3-2-and-came ra-raw-6-2-available-on-adobe-labs.html

Regards,

Tom Hogarty

Lightroom, Camera Raw and DNG Product Manager

All,

I noted no "export" related fixes listed in Tom's note references above.  I am still experiencing a signficant difference in export times between LR 2.7 and LR 3.x.  Timings are consistently double for the exact same images, exported exactly the same way, to exactly the same location.  I have attempted to match all settings as much as possible (given 2003 vs. 2010 process model).  I have not tried an export of the same images under 2003 un LR 3.x yet.  Is anyone else seeing major differences in export and have you reported it?  I just did, but just checking with the group.

Jay S.

Just a postscript to the above.  Reverting to 2003 Process model and unchecking Lens correction brought export times "closer" to 2.7.  The bigger offender (at least here) was the Lens Correction module.  Process 2010 added only about 2 seconds to export.  The bulk came from the lens correction added to the images to be exported.  Would be curious if others see similar results. Jay S.

• 102. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                                    areohbee Level 6

Although I haven't specifically tested Lens Correction's effect on Export times, I have certainly become aware of the time it takes for Lightroom to compute the profile-based lens corrections (multiple seconds). It makes sense this would always be added to export times since exports always illicit a re-rendering from scratch.

I would like to see the option to declare a photo 'Done' in Lightroom and have it be locked for editing, and at that time, re-render or save the final RGB image so that exports and viewing are forever speedy for "Done" photos.

• 103. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                                      areohbee Level 6

I've never seen "Subject Distance" anywhere in Lightroom - too late for me to test 3.0 - don't suppose I could trouble you for a screenshot just to satisfy my curiosity, eh? Its OK if you don't want to bother...

PS - I believe you - its more of a sanity check for my self.

Rob

• 104. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                                        areohbee Level 6

Just tested brushing and spot removal after perspective corrections - no additional delay noticed.

Must be an installation specific thing...

My specs:

Lightroom version: 3.2 RC [689365]
                                                        Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition
                                                        Version: 6.1 [7600]
                                                        Application architecture: x64
                                                        System architecture: x64
                                                        Physical processor count: 2
                                                        Processor speed: 2.2 GHz
                                                        Built-in memory: 4095.5 MB
                                                        Real memory available to Lightroom: 4095.5 MB
                                                        Real memory used by Lightroom: 687.6 MB (16.7%)
                                                        Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 741.6 MB
                                                        Memory cache size: 167.4 MB
                                                        System DPI setting: 96 DPI
                                                        Desktop composition enabled: Yes
                                                        Displays: 1) 1920x1200, 2) 1920x1200

_R_

• 105. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                                          b_gossweiler Level 5

areohbee wrote:

I've never seen "Subject Distance" anywhere in Lightroom - too late for me to test 3.0 - don't suppose I could trouble you for a screenshot just to satisfy my curiosity, eh? Its OK if you don't want to bother...

PS - I believe you - its more of a sanity check for my self.

Rob

Here you go:

capture_13082010_001553.jpg

But its presence has been dependant on Camera and/or Lens model.

Beat Gossweiler

Switzerland

• 106. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                                            areohbee Level 6

Thanks Beat,

Interesting that I never noticed it that I can remember, and that it slipped through a crack in 3.2RC

R

• 107. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                                              TK2142 Level 1

In the post I'm replying to (http://forums.adobe.com/message/3043466#3043466) I mentioned a new lag between activation of the adjustment brush (K) and it being available.

Turns out that the lag is exactly the time for the "Loading..." message to disappear. I had switched off the display of the "Loading..." message so I didn't see the connection first.

I'm quite sure it didn't take LR3.0 as long as LR3.2RC to "load an image". Am I wrong?

I see that files are created in the ACR cache but still every navigation to a new image in the Develop module incurs some delay, even when *no* edits have been done to the images yet.

The "fuzzy image" bug is still there. The first rendering will look OK-ish but only after zooming in once to 100% and zooming out again, the image will be rendered in full detail.

Are there activities to address these issues?

• 108. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                                                Butch_M Level 4

areohbee wrote:

Thanks Beat,

Interesting that I never noticed it that I can remember, and that it slipped through a crack in 3.2RC

R

Rob ... I concur that subject distance does show up in 3.0 and not 3.2rc .... I'm on Mac so it is easy to swap back and forth from the versions for comparison ... I never recall referring to that particular data ... but do find it curious that it was available ... then not .....

• 109. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                                                  AngerMgmt Level 1

JayS In CT wrote:

All,

I noted no "export" related fixes listed in Tom's note references above.  ...

Yes, JayS, I'm a sad puppy, too...though for a different reason than you.  LR 3.2RC hasn't fixed uploading Web collections via sftp.  I'm back to exporting and uploading manually.  At exactly 50%, LR crashes and burns:

Problem signature:
                                                                    Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
                                                                    Application Name:    lightroom.exe
                                                                    Application Version:    3.2.0.6
                                                                    Application Timestamp:    4c593496
                                                                    Fault Module Name:    substrate.dll
                                                                    Fault Module Version:    3.2.0.6
                                                                    Fault Module Timestamp:    4c593183

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Everything else appears to be working great.

• 110. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                                                    areohbee Level 6

TK,

When I first tried 3.2RC, develop view was re-rendering already cached images every time (and adding more and more entries to the cache that shouldn't have needed to be added since they were already there). I moved the ACR cache to the root of my system drive and named it ACRCache and it solved the problem, or at least the problem stopped happening after I did it.

Previously the cache was nested deep in a folder on the drive where my catalog and photos were.

PS - I filed an official bug report.

Rob

• 111. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                                                      b_gossweiler Level 5

Butch_M wrote:

Rob ... I concur that subject distance does show up in 3.0 and not 3.2rc .... I'm on Mac so it is easy to swap back and forth from the versions for comparison ... I never recall referring to that particular data ... but do find it curious that it was available ... then not .....

I could imagine - just a wild guess though - that the withdrawal of the information was due to unreliability (I think the methods of the information being stored in EXIF is quite diverse and complicated by manufacurer).

Beat Gossweiler

Switzerland

• 112. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                                                        ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

In LR3.0 I had created a Print module Photo Info preset with the Subject Distance tag and the information still shows up on my prints using that preset; however, if I edit the preset in LR3.2RC, it does not show the tag, anymore, so I have to hack the text-file containing the preset to put it in if I still want it:

My LR3.0 print-info template C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Text Templates\Everything.lrtemplate contains this notation that represents subject distance:

{

value = "com.adobe.subjectDistance",

},

Looking at the values reported for my Digital-Rebel XSi and kit lens, it is clear these values are very approximate, where during an indoor photoshoot I only have 1.45m and 3.49m reported for subject distance despite being various distances from my subjects.

I expect that after seeing all the confusion and questions about this value when shown to the user, LR3.2 hides it, and only uses it for matching lens-corrections by distance.

• 113. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                                                          dpick2 Level 1

JimHess-lOKPWR wrote:

dpick2 wrote:

Will this need to be uninstalled, or will LR3 need to be uninstalled when the non-RC version is released?  Does ACR 6.2 work with CS5?

The release notes indicate that the RC will be installed in place of Lightroom 3.0.  The release notes say that if you want to go back to Lightroom 3.0 then you can uninstall the RC and reinstall the original Lightroom 3.0.  Judging from the way the RC installation worked, when the Lightroom 3.2 final release is available it will automatically overwrite the RC.  If that isn't the case then it will be noted otherwise in the release notes.

Lightroom does not use ACR.  But everything in Lightroom will match what ACR 6.2 supports.  The release notes indicate that Lightroom 3.1 was skipped in order to align Lightroom and ACR as far as the version numbers are concerned.

Thanks.  I'm glad you were able to find the release notes because I sure couldn't.  Also, I understand what you saying about ACR/Lightroom.  However, if the RAW engine/ACR/ConverterMagic of Lightroom doesn't match that of CS5, you'll get an error, or query when attempting to open an image from inside Lightroom directly into Photoshop with the "edit in CS#" command. 

Which is exactly what happened when I tried it.  However, luckily, there is a new download for ACR 6.2.

Again, thanks for the help with the notes.

• 114. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                                                            JimHess-DIrcbP Level 3

dpick2 wrote:

Thanks.  I'm glad you were able to find the release notes because I sure couldn't.  Also, I understand what you saying about ACR/Lightroom.  However, if the RAW engine/ACR/ConverterMagic of Lightroom doesn't match that of CS5, you'll get an error, or query when attempting to open an image from inside Lightroom directly into Photoshop with the "edit in CS#" command. 

Which is exactly what happened when I tried it.  However, luckily, there is a new download for ACR 6.2.

Again, thanks for the help with the notes.

My apologies.  I guess they are not officially called the release notes.  But if you are using the Adobe Lightroom forum, the link at the top of the page to the download will give you most of the information I alluded to.  And when you click on the link on that page for Lightroom 3.2, the rest of the information that I gave you is readily available there if you just take time to read it.

I'm using Lightroom 3.2 with Photoshop CS3.  I'm not getting the errors that you mentioned.  Of course I choose to allow Lightroom to render a copy and send that to Photoshop.  But there are no errors.

• 115. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                                                              TK2142 Level 1

areohbee wrote:

I moved the ACR cache to the root of my system drive and named it ACRCache and it solved the problem, or at least the problem stopped happening after I did it.

Thanks, but this didn't help in my case.

To clarfiy: Do you not see a "Loading..." message at all when switching between images in the Develop module? Make sure you've go the message display turned on (Ctrl-J to invoke the settings dialogue).

I see cache files being created at the location I specify (I tried yours as well), but wonder if they are used at all. Display time doesn't seem to reduce. Perhaps the cache just contains the demosaiced data and any processing is still performed "just in time"?

I thought maybe the file type matters (I observed this with DNGs (converted from .PEF files) but it also occurs with .PEF files. BTW, JPGs aren't cached at all.

It seems to me that there should at least be an option to cache 1:1 renderings of images recently developed (JPGs included) so that any "Loading..." delay can be avoided for the number of images that fit into the cache.

To some extent (depending on the ACR cache size) this would also help with your "export speed" issue. Frankly, I don't think that "locking" images as "done" is a good idea.

• 116. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                                                                areohbee Level 6

TK,

Now:

Cached images take about 3 seconds to display in develop mode (accompanied by the "Loading" indicator) - and no new cache entry is written.

Uncached images take about 10 seconds - only one new cache entry written.

Before:

Cached or uncached: ~10 seconds - and a new cache entry was created every time - i.e. switch back and forth between the same 2 images 100 times and there'd be 100 new cache entries.

PS - I have the feeling that moving the cache just "goosed" something somehow - i.e. it wasn't the fix per se, but precipitated the proper behavior somehow. - Just a hunch. Or maybe it was sheer coincidence...   Maybe it was trying to read from one location, but then writing to another, and once it was reading and writing from the same location, all went well...

Are you getting new cache entries written each time or is yours a different problem?

Rob

• 117. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                                                                  JayS In CT Level 1

TK2142 wrote:

In the post I'm replying to (http://forums.adobe.com/message/3043466#3043466) I mentioned a new lag between activation of the adjustment brush (K) and it being available.

Turns out that the lag is exactly the time for the "Loading..." message to disappear. I had switched off the display of the "Loading..." message so I didn't see the connection first.

I'm quite sure it didn't take LR3.0 as long as LR3.2RC to "load an image". Am I wrong?

I see that files are created in the ACR cache but still every navigation to a new image in the Develop module incurs some delay, even when *no* edits have been done to the images yet.

The "fuzzy image" bug is still there. The first rendering will look OK-ish but only after zooming in once to 100% and zooming out again, the image will be rendered in full detail.

Are there activities to address these issues?

TK,

There is a thread about the fuzzy image http://forums.adobe.com/thread/659107?tstart=30

Dan Tull said there were able to reproduce that one in the lab (if what is being described in the thread is what you're experiencing).

Jay S.

• 118. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                                                                    JayS In CT Level 1

AngerMgmt wrote:

JayS In CT wrote:

All,

I noted no "export" related fixes listed in Tom's note references above.  ...

Yes, JayS, I'm a sad puppy, too...though for a different reason than you.  LR 3.2RC hasn't fixed uploading Web collections via sftp.  I'm back to exporting and uploading manually.  At exactly 50%, LR crashes and burns:

Problem signature:
                                                                                      Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
                                                                                      Application Name:    lightroom.exe
                                                                                      Application Version:    3.2.0.6
                                                                                      Application Timestamp:    4c593496
                                                                                      Fault Module Name:    substrate.dll
                                                                                      Fault Module Version:    3.2.0.6
                                                                                      Fault Module Timestamp:    4c593183

...

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Everything else appears to be working great.

AngerMgmt,

Sorry to hear that...  I assume you've gotten into the the bug report link in Tom's message.  If you need it let me know.

Jay S.

• 119. Re: Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs
                                                                                      TK2142 Level 1

Rob, are we using the same software?

I have never seen your "Before" behaviour (my cache files only get written once) but my "Now" behaviour is different from yours.

areohbee wrote:

Now:

Cached images take about 3 seconds to display in develop mode (accompanied by the "Loading" indicator) - and no new cache entry is written.

It takes an initial ~2 seconds to get the initial blurry image replaced by a decent preview. If an image has not received any edits then the "Loading..." indication dissapears after that time.

Depending on the amount of edits done to an image it will take further time for that initial preview to turn into the real rendering with all detail (this best becomes apparant by switching at 1:1 magnification because otherwise, the "fuzzy image" bug will prevent you from seeing the final step in image quality change).

So despite the fact that the cache seems well-behaved on my system (one file per image navigated to in the develop module), I cannot say it helps reducing the image switching time.

You might want to try and see when you'd be ready to start painting with the adjustment brush. Press "K" and switch between images. If you see the brush cursor after 2-3 seconds after switching to an image which received a lot of edits before (go for it, use lots of strokes and spot removal applications) then you are seeing something else than I do.