Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images Inverted when printing from WYSIWYG

Aug 02, 2007 Aug 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't printed from WYSIWYG for ages, but I'm certain it never did this on earlier versions of RH.

Every image in the topic (whether GIF or JPG) prints upside down, in its correct place on the page. Just in case it was something to do with this Help Project, I opened one I did a couple of years ago, and it's just the same.

Printing is OK from the finished WebHelp, but not in editing mode.

Any ideas, anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. This one crops up now and again. It is a print driver issue.

Send it to another printer (including a PDF) and I think you will find it is OK.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, so it does! Odd that it doesn't print properly from RH, but it does print from IE7.

As you say, PDF is OK. The printer I use for everyday printing is a HP LaserJet5N. Runs for ages on the same OPC drum; ink cartridges last a year... So it's the drivers, is it? I wonder if I can get any updates...

BTW, I searched the forum for this and couldn't find it. So now it's here for others.

Thanks Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The posts may have been wiped or you may need to change your settings for how many days back your search goes. I probably post this answer about once a year.

Guess I better add it to Snippets.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 03, 2007 Aug 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set 700 days search back. As this is a regular bug, (and thinking about print drivers, how can it be a driver problem when no other application I've got makes pictures print upside down), shouldn't it either be fixed or left on the forum as a permanent issue?

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problems occur with Word. If you update Word to a new version, and your printer driver has not been updated for a while, the new version of the software is not looking for old versions of the printer driver. By simply updating from the printer manufacturers site the problem can be rectified.

Newly written applications will always assume up-to-date related software and will generally only look back 2 or 3 levels of Drivers. A new digital tv/radio will not look for an analogue signal.

Hope this helps,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put it this way. So far everyone who has hit the issue has confirmed that switching to a different printer has fixed the problem. Also when I first hit the problem I contacted the people who supplied our printer. They sent out an engineer who then spoke to the printer manufacturers. They all concluded it was a print driver issue so I accepted their opinion. I moved on before it was resolved.

You could bug report it but the difficulty Adobe would face would be replicating the problem. There are no permanent forum issues. When they get to the edge of the world, they fall off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Here are two previous posts on the subject. I noted one of them is also an HP printer. It might also be worth playing with the print settings.

http://tinyurl.com/ytlc43

http://tinyurl.com/2bzono

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp