12 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2010 8:30 AM by Todd_Kopriva

Radeke - forum help

dradeke Adobe Employee

Clearly, no software company is perfect in it's support and Adobe isn't where it wants to be in overall support.  No, we're not perfect - no surprise to anyone.  BUT, we're trying hard to be the best everyday and so...

The purpose of my post is that if you're not getting the answers you need on this forum and you've tried to get the answers you need, please reach out to me or another Adobe person with a private message. I don't check them every day, but I DO check them.  When I see them, I read through them and try to get answers.

Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood forum lurker....

Dennis

• 1. Re: Radeke - forum help
          Bill Gehrke Most Valuable Participant

It really works folks,  Dennis just gave me a quick solution to a problem I was have with a new (for me) import format!

Many thanks Dennis

• 2. Re: Radeke - forum help
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Each of us has our own preferences, and mine differ from Dennis's. I hate the private message interface on this forum. Also, I want to ensure that all information that is shared is shared where everyone can see it. So, I prefer to have all conversations on the public forum.

If you want to make sure that I see your post on the forum, just use my name in the post. I do a daily search for my name on the forum specifically to see if anyone is asking me a direct question.

• 3. Re: Radeke - forum help
              Mortimer IOU Level 2

Just to give some perspective, there was a time when Adobe reps were active on this forum rarely to never.Then they started chiming in, for instance Wil, Dennis and now Todd. I for one am very appreciative, and I believe most users feel the same. Granted that no one knows everything, but the more eyes here from Adobe the better it is for everybody.

• 4. Re: Radeke - forum help
                Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I second Jerry's comment.  I'll also say I don't mind a bit that there may be different ways that individual adobe employees prefer to reach out.  I've been a fan of Todd's for years (via AE), and have really appreciated the input of Dennis and the several others that have been posting.

I'll also note that Dennis' message above is regarding what to do IF a user has not been helped by the forums after trying.  I don't think he intends to move regular assistance to private messages.

The message I hear from Dennis and Todd is that there is personal attention available when the problem is not being solved.

• 5. Re: Radeke - forum help
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Dennis,

Can you give me wine pairing to go with smoked artichoke dip?

OH, that was not what you meant!

Getting serious for a moment, I think that with you, Todd and Jeremy around, plus the regulars (gotta' get Harm back and logged-in), most problems get sorted. Yes, there are the occasional Bugs, and we are all pretty much powerless to address those. At least you Adobe contributors can acknowledge that the Bug has been found, isolated, and that work is being done on it. We understand that you cannot say much more - at least most of us, and we greatly appreciate that conduit to Adobe. It shows me that they DO care, and that PrPro is not some "backwater," as has been stated in several older threads.

Please keep up the great work - we appreciate it more than we can articulate.

Thanks,

Hunt

PS - I've called upon our Adobe employees to look into certain threads, and they have done so very quickly and efficiently.

• 6. Re: Radeke - forum help
                    Harm Millaard Level 7

General:

It is great to have a very real and active presence from Adobe's side here. They solve problems very effectively, use the information and questions posed to improve help files and documentation available for all, but most importantly, they make sure that relevant issues, feature requests or bug reports and everything else relevant to future CS Next releases get back to the relevant people at Adobe.

We are lucky to have the valuable contributions and attention of Dennis, Jeremy, Todd and others from Adobe here.

Specific for Dennis Radeke, Todd Kopriva and Jeremy Dehne:

Any progress on my help request from you and Steve H. and Paul Y.?

@ Bill: My user account has been restored, so I'm back where I belong: http://www.millcon.nl/Harm/Im Back.wma

• 7. Re: Radeke - forum help
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Yes, he's "back where he belongs."

I guess that CW (Country & Western music) has a broader distribution, than I would have imagined - Amsterdam!

Hunt

• 8. Re: Radeke - forum help
                        Harm Millaard Level 7

Bill,

Please note I'm from Rotterdam, not Amsterdam. We pride ourselves on being http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotterdam and the distribution heart of the Netherlands. As you know if the heart doesn't pump, it is life-threatening, just ask your wife. All Amsterdam can be proud of is the history, with their monuments and canals, built ages past (rapidly destroyed by an over-ambitious and costly attempt to extend the subways) and their 'Gay-parade', criminality, drug reputation and the highest parking rates in Europe.

• 9. Re: Radeke - forum help
                          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> Specific for Dennis Radeke, Todd Kopriva and Jeremy Dehne:

Any progress on my help request from you and Steve H. and Paul Y.?

It's on our agenda.

• 10. Re: Radeke - forum help
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

Todd (and/or Jeremy, Dennis),

Could one of you folk drop by this THREAD? The poster has Pr 6.5 and all Transitions have disappeared (plus another problem), and I am not sure what would cause this to happen. Don't know if there is an ini, or similar file, that might have gotten corrupted. I do not know if trashing the Prefs would work in Pr 6.5. Bet one of you guys can nail the issue instantly.

Thanks,

Hunt

• 11. Re: Radeke - forum help
                              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

I can only help with Premiere Pro CS3-CS5 issues, both because that is what I'm limited to doing as part of my job and because I don't have versions before that installed.

• 12. Re: Radeke - forum help
                                the_wine_snob Level 9

Thanks. It seems that Jeremy went back a ways with Pr versions, so maybe he would be a good candidate, unless he's off "Summer" skiing in the Southern Hemisphere.

Thanks,

Hunt