1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 10, 2010 5:21 AM by Colin Brougham

Zooming in a title.

volondo Level 1

Hi Guys, Just wonderd how I can zoom in a title without the background following the transition too. Say i make a title, it has a black background by default and i want just the text to zoom in using the zoom transition, how do I stop the black background doing it too. Ive tried putting a black layer at a parralell point on a different video track but that doesn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ed

• 1. Re: Zooming in a title.
          Colin Brougham Level 6
          Say i make a title, it has a black background by default

Actually, a title has NO background, by default. It may appear to be black, depending on where the CTI is located in the timeline. You can toggle the background visibility and select the visible frame using the following controls in the Titler:

title-bkg.png

If you DO indeed have a black background, you must have drawn a rectangle filled with black--select and delete that so that the title "floats" over whatever background you place it on.

I want just the text to zoom in using the zoom transition, how do I stop the black background doing it too.

Don't use a transition for this manuever; animate Scale properties, instead:

scale.png

Since the title has an alpha channel (e.g. transparent background), when you animate the scale, only it will move.