1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 10, 2010 8:24 AM by Todd_Kopriva

1080 workflow suggestions, specifically for motion stablize

calc50

Looking for any and all suggestions on an effective workflow for the following-

shooting HD P2 footage, either 720 or in this specific case 1080 i 59.94 footage imported in Avid Media Composer...

I cut my sequence in media composer and then begin work on any and all fx and compositing I need...

in SD workflow, i will export a QT reference, and work with that- works great, low file size, fast, and references the original avid media files built rather than rendering a render....

now, i am trying to discover the optimum workflow working with HD footage.  My understanding is that references are not possible- I have had mild success exporting a QT movie at native dimensions using the H264 codec, and working with it in AE, to render back out of AE- import in AVid etc...

I am quite confident that this workflow is not the optimum, and have even run into some issues that as of yet i have not been able to explain-

in this case, i am doing some simple stabalizing of arial footage- some has worked fine using the above workflow, some other shots have yeilded some strange results.

The footage will smooth, but every 30 frames or so the footage oscilates rapidly over 2-3 frames- looking like somethng like a field dominance issue or something.

I suspect that something is not 'lined' up in terms of format etc. from AVID to AE.  I tried to import the raw P2 data as well, to elimate one step in the process and AE can not interpret raw mxf files.

all suggestions  appreciated