I find your situation interesting and here's why. I earn most of my living by facilitating Captivate and RoboHelp classes. (well, until the economy fell apart and classed dried up I did)
In nearly every Captivate class I facilitate I mention that it's a good idea to insert a Button object on the first slide. The purpose is twofold.
- It pauses the slide until the user is ready to proceed.
- It forces the user to click it. In doing so, you know that at least for a brief while the Flash object in the page has focus.
So here is the interesting part. Normally when I demonstrate this, the class participants have Internet Explorer as the default browser. Personally, I use Firefox as my default browser. IE normally already has focus on the Flash object and Firefox doesn't. So it surprises me to hear you claim that in IE you are having the issue. I might have expected the opposite.
Helpful and Handy Links