2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2010 3:03 PM by the_wine_snob

AVCHD in Premiere 7

valvefire

Hello,

I recently got a camera (Canon Vixia HF S11) which records in AVCHD.  When I download it to my computer, it comes in .mts format.  When I try to load this into Premiere, it does load the thumbnail of the video into premiere, but when I try to play it (from the clips or on the timeline) it will not play.  You can see the opening frame, and you can scrub across the video, but it will not play.  Can anyone tell me what I need to do?

Thank you,

Valvefire

• 1. Re: AVCHD in Premiere 7
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Premiere Elements can only edit video from this camcorder if it is shot in MXP or FXP mode.

If this is the case, did you set up your Premiere Elements project with the 1920x1080 AVCHD 5.1 project settings,and did you use Premiere Elements Media Downloader to move the video from the camcorder to your computer?

You also need a computer with at least a quad core processor and 4 gigs of RAM to power this video type.

You don't say what operating system you have, but make sure you have all of the latest Windows updates, the latest driver for your video card and, very importantly, the latest version of Quicktime from Apple.com.

• 2. Re: AVCHD in Premiere 7
            the_wine_snob Level 9
            You also need a computer with at least a quad core processor and 4 gigs of RAM to power this video type.

I agree with Steve. What are the full specs. of your computer?

Along with OS updates, make sure that your video and audio drivers are updated from the mfgr's. Web site, along with the latest QT Player.

Good luck,

Hunt