3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2008 1:01 PM by tim.munroe

Audio Playback in Vista

Captim
      Has anyone noticed any issues with audio cutting out in Vista?

I've noticed that projects that I have created with Cap 2 on an XP machine playback fine on XP, but when I play the same project on Vista. Each audio clip is cut off at the end. Why would this be? Tested on 2 different machines one XP desktop, and one dual boot XP/Vista Laptop.

Can anyone replicate the issue?

Captim
        • 1. Re: Audio Playback in Vista
          Captim Level 1
          No One Else... Just Me?
          • 2. Re: Audio Playback in Vista
            Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            Hi Captim and welcome to our community

Personally, I've just recently installed Vista and haven't had the full play with it yet. If you would like to upload one of the suspect files to YouSendIt, I'll be happy to download it and play it in Vista to see if it happens to me. My address is captiv8r (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com.

Cheers... Rick
            • 3. Re: Audio Playback in Vista
              tim.munroe
              Hello Captv8r,
              It's been about a year since I posted this question, and I'm just now checking back, did you ever experience a similar issue to mine. I have since moved on to Captivate 3, but I still have audio playback issues with Captivate published swf files on Vista, tested and confirmed on 2 different (dell) laptops. I guess it could be a hardware issue, but those same laptops (dual boot) play the same file fine in XP.