6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2010 6:01 PM by Ned Murphy

Help with number in hidden variable to send form

fermp Level 1

Hi all,

I have created a form in Flash and I need to send some hidden data. The problem is that some of the hidden data variables are numbers. This worked fine in the HTML form. It does not work in Flash. Can you take a quick look at the following code and let me know if there is a way I can do this? The variables that are numbers are commented out at this point because it throws up errors. I would like to be able to uncomment them but if I do nothing works.

send_btn.onRelease = function()
      {
          var my_lv:LoadVars = new LoadVars();

//OLP HIDDEN VARIABLES
          //my_lv.retURL = "http:///";
          my_lv.debug = "5";
          my_lv.debugEmail = "someone@someemail.com";
          my_lv.campaign_id = "5";
          // <!-- SFDC client ID -->
          my_lv.oid = "00M0022000jZDG";
          // <!-- Promotion code -->
          //my_lv.00P32220104Yrhq = "10Q4MACQ-MidMarket";
          // <!--Lead source:-->
          my_lv.lead_source = "Inbound Webform LP";
          // <!--Campaign tracking code:-->
          //my_lv.00F312230004Yr6w = "10Q4MACQ-MidMarket";
          my_lv.Campaign_ID = "70130000000LKal";
          // <!-- Key Code -->
          //my_lv.00N312330004Ys1x = "";
          // <!--Lead type:-->
          my_lv.lead_type = "other";
          //my_lv.00R30012314004Yr5F = "other";
          // <!--Tactic:-->
          //my_lv.00P301231404Ys1s = "Bundle Builder";
          my_lv.member_status = "responded";
          my_lv.successURL = "???";
          //OLP VARIABLES
          my_lv.first_name = "";
          my_lv.last_name = "";
          my_lv.email = "";
          my_lv.company = "";
          my_lv.title = "";
          my_lv.street = "";
          my_lv.city = "";
          my_lv.state = "";
          my_lv.zip = "";
          my_lv.phone = "";
          my_lv.industry = "";
          my_lv.employees = "";

//The exact link here has been taken out for security reasons.
          my_lv.send("https://www.salesforce.com","_self","POST");
      };

• 1. Re: Help with number in hidden variable to send form
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From what I think I see, all the variables that you have commented out begin with numbers, which as far as I know is a no-no.

• 2. Re: Help with number in hidden variable to send form
            fermp Level 1

Yes. By process of elimination I found that that was the problem. Any variables that started with an number gave me a syntax error. The problem with this is the variables in the system start with numbers and I have to send those variables as hidden. I can send all of the variables I programmed in that are local but the ones that the system needs that start with numbers I don't have any idea how to send.

• 3. Re: Help with number in hidden variable to send form

Do you have access to / knowledge of the file that processes the data that gets sent.  Yo may have to add some code at the receiving end to take those variables you send and assign them to what would normally accomodate them at the receiving end.

(Sorry if I confused your original description and stated what was already obvious to you.)

• 4. Re: Help with number in hidden variable to send form
                fermp Level 1

No problem. Thanks for answering so fast. I do not have any access to the script that will be used. The client uses some kind of back end which assigns these numbers. Normally I have no problem sending form data from an HTML page to it. This is a Flash app that basically goes through a bunch of pages and saves variables throughout. I did not find out about these number variables until the client mentioned them tonight. They are hidden and they just sent them along. Now I'm wondering if I'll be able to send them at all. Should be interesting for sure.

• 5. Re: Help with number in hidden variable to send form

Maybe your client can manage some help, but if not, it might be possible to have a php file or something else as a middle man processor that you send your data to and that file sends it along to the true end address... I've never done anything of the sort, so I don't know how that would have to be managed (assuming it can be).

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Help with number in hidden variable to send form
                    fermp Level 1

Actually, I'm working on that now. What I'll be doing is sending the form data with a letter in front of every starting number variable and then having the .php page change that variable to the correct variable and then posting the data. I was just praying that there was a way to handle the sending of a number variable in Flash. Seems like it will be the way to go. Thanks again for your help.