4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2007 10:23 PM by GraphicsGeezer

Stupid File List takes forever to refresh

GraphicsGeezer Level 1
      How come when I add a file to the designated folder it takes three thousand years to update it the stupid useless godforsaken file list?

I have the perfect solution. Use Transmit. Costs one tenth as much and refreshes instantly. Therefore I don't have to wait when adding a file manually to the stupid designated stupid Dreamwever stupid folder to stupid refresh. It does it right effing now which is more than I can say for your stupid effing useless program.
        • 1. Re: Stupid File List takes forever to refresh
          Level 7
          dkd;alkje;oihp[oihjl wrote:
          > How come when I add a file to the designated folder it takes three thousand
          > years to update it the stupid useless godforsaken file list?
          >
          > I have the perfect solution. Use Transmit. Costs one tenth as much and
          > refreshes instantly. Therefore I don't have to wait when adding a file manually
          > to the stupid designated stupid Dreamwever stupid folder to stupid refresh. It
          > does it right effing now which is more than I can say for your stupid effing
          > useless program.
          >

LOL!

true, Dreamweaver's FTP is so bloated with sophistication, like file dates checking, "are you sure
          you want to replace the file?", _notes folders, check all the miriad preferences options before
          uplooading or downloading a 1 kb file, etc, that it feels completely retarded most of the time.

I concur, using a "simple" FTP app like Transmit is a time saver, not only because Transmit won't
          prompt 20 different dialog windows in the process, but also because it just works better.

--
          seb ( ---@webtrans1.com)
          http://webtrans1.com | high-end web design

An Ingenious WebSite Builder: http://sitelander.com
          • 2. Re: Stupid File List takes forever to refresh
            hawk3ye
            Isn't there any way to deactivate some of these annoying steps in Preferences? Why must I "update list of remote files" and "check if any files have been changed outside of Dreamweaver" every time?
            • 3. Re: Stupid File List takes forever to refresh
              yea, no crap!

hey adobe, quit adding features and lean out your app. it's got so much crap in there it takes forever to load things, ftp, refresh the list, etc. makes it a useless program when you have more than 50 files to work with.

try working with a large cfswitch, damn near kills the system. let me turn off all the internal checking, double checking, quintillion checking, are you sure? are you really, really sure? are you really f'n sure you dum sum bich?
              • 4. Re: Stupid File List takes forever to refresh
                GraphicsGeezer Level 1
                I'm waiting for Toyota to design an HTML editor. This program resembles a 1957 Buick. All chrome and noise and no performance.