0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2010 2:07 PM by cookieman459

creating developer metadata in xfl generated xml

cookieman459

I've been doing an extensive amount of work applying scripts to the xml files created on saving a FLA as xfl. So far i've had a lot of success, but i was wondering if there was a way to add tags in the xml that could store developer metadata? I can manually add new attributes to nodes, but when i modify the node in the IDE, and save it, all of my manually manipulated xml changes are deleted. For example, i would love to add a "date modified" tag on all of my textfields. For those who don't know, textfields look like this:

<DOMDynamicText name="xp_field" width="163.05" height="19.95" includeOutlines="true" isSelectable="false">
           <matrix>
                 <Matrix tx="48" ty="6.55"/>
           </matrix>
           <textRuns>
           <DOMTextRun>
            <characters>693957       </characters>
            <textAttrs>
            <DOMTextAttrs alignment="center" aliasText="false" size="14" bitmapSize="280" face="HVDComicSerifPro" fillColor="#634B1F"/>
            </textAttrs>
             </DOMTextRun>
             </textRuns>
             </DOMDynamicText>

I would love to add a metadata attribute the main tag, I.E.:

<DOMDynamicText name="xp_field" width="163.05" height="19.95" includeOutlines="true" isSelectable="false" dateModified="3245425425">
            <matrix>
                  <Matrix tx="48" ty="6.55"/>
            </matrix>
            <textRuns>
            <DOMTextRun>
             <characters>693957       </characters>
             <textAttrs>
             <DOMTextAttrs alignment="center" aliasText="false" size="14"  bitmapSize="280" face="HVDComicSerifPro" fillColor="#634B1F"/>
             </textAttrs>
              </DOMTextRun>
              </textRuns>
              </DOMDynamicText>

I can add this to the xml, but modifications and saves remove it.

Any ideas?