1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 11, 2010 6:46 PM by Steve Grisetti

Finding proper import settings

tracy042206

I have been having a problem with my audio not lining up with my video when I export a project.  From reading some forum posts here it seems like it may be import settings causing the problem but I have no idea how to select the proper import setting.  Here is some info that I can find, please let me know if you need more and where I can find it.

They are .mod files from my Panasonic SDR-H200 digital camcorder.  I am just trying to splice together a few files from my daughter's birthday but when I export it as a quicktime file for vimeo.  I am using Eugenia's guidelines for export here.  However my audio is ahead of my video.

The files are

width:704

height:480

data rate:9542kbps

total bitrate: 9798kbps

frame rate: 29 frames/second

audio

bit rate: 256kbps

channels: 2 (stereo)

audio sample rate: 48 kHz

Thanks for any help or direction, I really seem kind of clueless with the video although I picked up photoshop and illustrator OK on my own through tutorials, trial and error etc.

Tracy

• 1. Re: Finding proper import settings
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Use the Hard Drive/DVD project settings and you should be fine. (Make sure it matches your video, whether you're using the 4:3 or 16:9 mode.) You don't say which version of the program you're using, so I can't tell you the exact setting to use -- but a standard def hard drive camcorder setting should work.

Your camcorder is just a standard-def hard drive camcorder.

As you add clips to the timeline, you'll see  red line above the clips. This means you'll need to render your timeline regularly as you work by pressing the Enter key. (The red lines above the clips will turn green.)

In my books I offer more specific information on working with standard def MPEGs and my advice on why and how it's wisest to convert them to DV-AVIs before you bring them into the program. You'll find a lot of that information in the FAQs to the right of this forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/415317?tstart=0