2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2007 2:41 PM by Newsgroup_User

can't update to 8.0.2

vtxr1300 Level 1
      I'm running vista home premium and I have tried running the 8.0.2 updater numerous times as the administrator but although it reports as successfully updated, when I run dreamweaver it always says 8.0. Is there a trick to getting this to work right? THanks.
        • 1. Re: can't update to 8.0.2
          Level 7
          Try reinstalling DW8.0 then immediately apply the 8.0.2 updater.

--
          Regards

John Waller

• 2. Re: can't update to 8.0.2
            Level 7
            Hi - I had to look this up myself so here's some info for you -

About the 8.0.2 Update
            The Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 (8.0.2) update includes all of the fixes in the
            8.0.1 update. If you haven't installed the 8.0.1 update yet, simply install
            the 8.0.2 update to get all the fixes for both updates.
            Also make sure the language version of the updater matches the language
            version of your copy of Dreamweaver. For example, you can't use the English
            updater with a non-English version of Dreamweaver.
            Note: If you press Cancel during the installation process in Windows, you
            will no longer be able to update Dreamweaver. To update to 8.0.2, you will
            need to uninstall and re-install Dreamweaver. For more information, please
            see Tech Note 785362aa at www.adobe.com/go/785362aa.

hope that helps,

Karen

"vtxr1300" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:f8grfn$cjq$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > I'm running vista home premium and I have tried running the 8.0.2 updater
            > numerous times as the administrator but although it reports as
            > successfully
            > updated, when I run dreamweaver it always says 8.0. Is there a trick to
            > getting this to work right? THanks.
            >