3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2010 2:07 PM by beckinfla

Wants me to activate everytime I open ADE

m1123

I downloaded ADE last night from the Adobe website.  I activated my computer and nook while I was online.  This morning I downloaded some books from my library (just like I did last night) and ADE had me activate again when it opened.  Under library it says I am activated.  When I first set this up it said it was a one-time activation.  How do I get it to stop asking me to activate when I already have.  I only activated 2 devices.  I don't want to run out of activations and then am unable to return my books.  Help!

• 1. Re: Wants me to activate everytime I open ADE
          beckinfla

I was just wondering if you were able to find out why you have to keep activating your computer?

I only use one computer and have to activate everytime I open ADE and now I have reached the limits of my activations and have been locked out.

I am trying to get Adobe to reset my activations but from what I understand that can take a while. Even if they do reset them, I still have the problem of having to activate everytime I open ADE so I will be locked out again soon.

• 2. Re: Wants me to activate everytime I open ADE
            m1123 Level 1

My friend thinks all my other Adobe updates on my computer was the issue.

He told me to create another user on my laptop and then download ADE.  I did

this and I have been able to use the program and transfer items to my nook.

I only needed to activate once when I did this.  I have also been careful

not to do any Adobe updates on that user.    Hope this helps.  It was simple

to do.

• 3. Re: Wants me to activate everytime I open ADE
              beckinfla Level 1

Thanks, I will give that a try tonight when I get home.

Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 13:00:14 -0600

To: rebecca5@hotmail.com

Subject: Wants me to activate everytime I open ADE

My friend thinks all my other Adobe updates on my computer was the issue.

He told me to create another user on my laptop and then download ADE.  I did

this and I have been able to use the program and transfer items to my nook.

I only needed to activate once when I did this.  I have also been careful

not to do any Adobe updates on that user.    Hope this helps.  It was simple

to do.

>