35 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2013 9:27 AM by Jim_Simon

TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...

Colin Brougham Level 6

WARNING: This process involves editing the Windows registry, so if you are squeamish about that sort of thing, do not attempt this. I'm not responsible for broken computers, hurt feelings, or terrified household pets.

I've ocassionally run into an issue since CS4 where certain plugins/effects would spontaneously cease loading in Premiere Pro and functioning, and it apparently continues to affect CS5. This happened on three total different computers, so I'm not sure what the underlying cause is. There was no clear reason why this would happen: I'd use the effect one day, come back the next and load my project, and the effects would be reported as "missing" upon project load:

effect-missing-1.png

This doesn't happen with the "built-in" effects that ship with Premiere, but it has happened repeatedly with the Cycore effects (copied from the AE plugins directory) or with third-party plugins like those from DigiEffects, Red Giant, Trapcode, etc. After this loading mesage, the instance of the filter would show up in the Effects Control Panel as "Offline Filter" and the filter would have no effect on the clip to which it is applied. This isn't a case of the effect simply not being compatible with Premiere, as they had previously showed up in the Effect bin and could be applied and used, as evidenced by the error pop-up above. Uninstalling and reinstalling the plugins has no effect on correcting the issue. After a bit of hunting around, I finally figured out how to correct the problem--not the underlying cause, which I still cannot pinpoint, but I can at least get the filters/effects/plugins loading and operating again. Note that the following applies to Windows systems; I'm not sure if this affects Macs, and if it does, I have no clue as to how to correct it.

In Explorer, go to the following folder: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro\5.0. Inside, you will find a file called Plugin Loading.log. This is simply a text file which you can open with Notepad or a similar text editor. In it, you'll find a long list of entries like this:

effect-missing-2.png

Anything that says "The plugin was successfully loaded from the registry" was obviously successfully loaded, and therefore able to be used in Premiere. However, upon scrolling through the file, you will see something like this (using the CC Snow example from above):

effect-missing-3.png

At some point in the list, the successfully-loaded plugins will stop and the list will change to "The plugin is marked as Ignore, so it will not be loaded." Herein lies the problem and the solution; we need to correct this issue in the registry, since we know from the above example that the plugins are loaded from the registry.

In Windows, click the Start button/orb, and select Run; in the panel that appear, type in regedit. This will launch the Registry Editor. A good safety precaution before going any further is to select File > Export and save your ENTIRE registry by selecting the All radio button. Pick a location and back it up; it may take a few moments. This is important to do if you're not familiar with editing the registry, because you can pretty quickly toast your OS installation if you poke at animals you shouldn't. You've been warned.

Navigate to the following key in the Registry Editor: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Premiere Pro\5.0\PluginCache.64\en_US. Here, you will see a long list of other subkeys, each of which bears the name of a plugin. If you click on one of the keys in the left pane (looks like a folder icon from Explorer), you will see a list of values, their types, and the data they hold in the pane on the right. Using the Plugin Loading.log text file as a guide, compare a plugin that loads with one that doesn't. You'll see the following disparity:

effect-missing-4.png

If the "Ignore" value is set as "0" (binary data), the plugin loads; if the "Ignore" value is set as "1," the plugin does not load. Based on this information, the solution should be apparent:

effect-missing-5.png

Using the Plugin Loading.log text file as a guide, change this data for any "Ignore" value set to "1." An important note: this does not "enable" effects that wouldn't otherwise work in Premiere Pro anyway. For example, some of the Cycore effects, like Time Blend, Time Blend FX, and Split 2, do not work in Premiere, regardless of how the "Ignore" value is set. If you should happen to change them, Premiere will set the value to "1" the next time you launch the program.

Once you've changed these values (there's no need to save, as the changes are immediately made to the registry), launch Premiere. If you were successfully, nothing interesting will happen--you'll be greeted with no error messages, and your once-missing effects will resume their place and settings on your sequence clips. You can confirm the "fix" by reopening Plugin Loading.log (be sure to have closed this file before relaunching Premiere, as it is simply overwritten each time), and looking for the entries that were previously ignored:

effect-missing-6.png

There you have it. Again, I don't know the reason why this happens, but I've been bitten by this oddity numerous times in CS4, and now in CS5. My best guess is that it happens when Premiere crashes during loading (which seems to happen to me) or there is some other "issue" during launch. As a sort of self-defense mechanism, Premiere tells the registry to disable these plugins to ensure a successful load the next time the program is launched, but then they are not automatically re-enabled, and hence the need for this somewhat convoluted fix. Under normal circumstances, I would imagine that relatively few users will ever encounter this issue--but if you do, you now know how to get back to work.

• 1. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
          Level 4

Jessica,

Colins directions are good ...

As a general point of interest....in computer land... 0 ( zero ) very often means NO and 1 very often means YES...its just an on off switch basically... so what he's saying here is very normal type logic...

Also, if for example you turn something ON that was OFF you have not done any "damage" to your registry re if for some reason that item still doesnt load properly...

In other words, it wont hurt you to say YES by changing the value to 1 from a zero.... no matter what....as long as you are in the right key of the registry....

I agree with the logic of Colin's suggestion for the fix and suggest you try it.

Thanks Colin

• 2. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
            Travis © Level 1

A great set of screen clips & tutorial. But I'm compelled to tell you guys it's even simpler than that.

All you have to do is delete the en_US keys for both the Premiere Pro & After Effects plug-in caches in the registry at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Premiere Pro\5.5\PluginCache.64\en_US &
            HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\After Effects\10.5\PluginCache.64\en_US

Of course, have the applications closed prior to deleting the keys. Upon launching the Premiere Pro & After Effects again, both applications will regenerate their cache folders (they'll re-appear) in the registry & you should then see all your installed plug-ins if they are installed in the correct folders & aren't corrupted.

Note that Pr & Ae will take significantly longer to launch as it re-scans all the installed plug-ins again.

If you don't want to dig through the registry, here's a copy of VBscripts to do it for you. Don't see all your plugins? One of the apps choose to ignore your plug-in's without provocation?

...just run these & re-launch the Premiere & After Effects. Enjoy.

tC

Reset Premiere Pro CS5.5 x64 Plugin Cache.vbs
            **BEGIN CODE**

Const HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT = &H80000000
            Const HKEY_CURRENT_USER = &H80000001
            Const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002
            Const HKEY_USERS = &H80000003

' Object used to get StdRegProv Namespace
            Set wmiLocator = CreateObject("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator")

' Object used to determine local machine name
            Set wshNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")

' Registry Provider (StdRegProv) lives in root\default namespace.
            Set wmiNameSpace = wmiLocator.ConnectServer(wshNetwork.ComputerName, "root\default")
            Set objRegistry = wmiNameSpace.Get("StdRegProv")

' Deletes Key with all subkeys
            sPath = "Software\Adobe\Premiere Pro\5.5\PluginCache.64\en_US"

lRC = DeleteRegEntry(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, sPath)

Function DeleteRegEntry(sHive, sEnumPath)
            ' Attempt to delete key. If it fails, start the subkey
            ' enumration process.
            lRC = objRegistry.DeleteKey(sHive, sEnumPath)

' The deletion failed, start deleting subkeys.
            If (lRC <> 0) Then

' Subkey Enumerator
            On Error Resume Next

lRC = objRegistry.EnumKey(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, sEnumPath, sNames)

For Each sKeyName In sNames
            If Err.Number <> 0 Then Exit For
            lRC = DeleteRegEntry(sHive, sEnumPath & "\" & sKeyName)
            Next

On Error Goto 0

' At this point we should have looped through all subkeys, trying
            ' to delete the registry key again.

End If

End Function

**END OF CODE**

Reset After Effects CS5.5 x64 Plugin Cache.vbs
            **BEGIN CODE**

Const HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT = &H80000000
            Const HKEY_CURRENT_USER = &H80000001
            Const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002
            Const HKEY_USERS = &H80000003

' Object used to get StdRegProv Namespace
            Set wmiLocator = CreateObject("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator")

' Object used to determine local machine name
            Set wshNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")

' Registry Provider (StdRegProv) lives in root\default namespace.
            Set wmiNameSpace = wmiLocator.ConnectServer(wshNetwork.ComputerName, "root\default")
            Set objRegistry = wmiNameSpace.Get("StdRegProv")

' Deletes Key with all subkeys
            sPath = "Software\Adobe\After Effects\10.5\PluginCache.64\en_US"

lRC = DeleteRegEntry(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, sPath)

Function DeleteRegEntry(sHive, sEnumPath)
            ' Attempt to delete key. If it fails, start the subkey
            ' enumration process.

' The deletion failed, start deleting subkeys.
            If (lRC <> 0) Then

' Subkey Enumerator
            On Error Resume Next

lRC = objRegistry.EnumKey(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, sEnumPath, sNames)

For Each sKeyName In sNames
            If Err.Number <> 0 Then Exit For
            lRC = DeleteRegEntry(sHive, sEnumPath & "\" & sKeyName)
            Next

On Error Goto 0

' At this point we should have looped through all subkeys, trying
            ' to delete the registry key again.

End If

End Function

**END OF CODE**

• 3. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
              Travis © Level 1

Addendum:

If you wish to do a truly complete reset of Adobe's codec AND plugin caches, you need to delete all of the following en_US keys from the registry.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\After Effects\10.5\AMECodecCache\64\en_US

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\After Effects\10.5\AMEWriterCache\64\en_US

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\After Effects\10.5\HeadlessPluginCache.64\en_US

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\After Effects\10.5\PluginCache.64\en_US

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\After Effects\10.5.1\AMECodecCache\64\en_US

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\After Effects\10.5.1\AMEWriterCache\64\en_US

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\After Effects\10.5.1\HeadlessPluginCache.64\en_US

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\After Effects\10.5.1\PluginCache.64\en_US

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Encore DVD\5.1.0\PluginCache.32\en_US

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\5.0\AMECodecCache\64\en_US

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\5.0\AMEWriterCache\64\en_US

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\5.0\PluginCache.64\en_US

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\5.5\AMECodecCache\64\en_US

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\5.0\AMEWriterCache\64\en_US

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\5.0\PluginCache.64\en_US

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\OnLocation\5.1\PluginCache.32\en_US

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Premiere Pro\5.5\AMECodecCache\64\en_US

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Premiere Pro\5.5\AMEWriterCache\64\en_US

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Premiere Pro\5.5\PluginCache.64\en_US

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\SelfLink1\10.5.1\HeadlessPluginCache.64\en_US

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\SelfLink2\10.5.1\HeadlessPluginCache.64\en_US

Delete keys in bold. That's it.

Readers, you can make your own little scripts to do this for you, just copy out every line above into one of the scripts above, save each .vbs file out to a unique named file & double-click. User Account Control (UAC) must be turned off & you must have administrative priviledges. Suggests rebooting system after deletion of any codec & writer cache keys, in particular.

Also delete entire contents of the following cache folders on disc:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro\5.5\Metadata Caches

Preset cache, also here:

C:\Users\Travis.C\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\PProHeadless\5.0

Alternately (or in addition to the above for those with OCD), hold down SHIFT (Windows) key while launching Pr/Ae for the first time after clearing all the caches. Allow preferences files to be generated, then remember to go back into the application settings to re-enter your own settings, as desired.

tC

• 4. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                lasvideo Level 4

Do I really want to switch from my Mac to THIS ;-)

• 5. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                  Travis © Level 1

Those registry key(s) have their counterparts in MacOS, too. But I couldn't tell you how to get to them. I do wish the apps would wipe their own bottoms much better as opposed to the guy trying to do creative work having to shift back to technical work (policing one's own software).

• 6. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                    lasvideo Level 4

GRIN...that a great analogy Travis...thats 1 of the few reservations I have going back to PC. But the power boost potential for PrP seems to be compensating.

• 7. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                      Travis © Level 1

I love/hate it, lol. Don't get me wrong, this is a powerful package, undoubtedly a programmatic monster for Adobe to maintain & update. Such as it goes. I've gone back n' forth from cursing $%@! expletives, to similiar expletives in praise of it, hehe. Like, "WoW! This is $%! sick! Sick." Good sick, imagining everything I could do with it & what I've already done, just getting into Pro Premium with Win7 x64 a few months ago. Started with Roxio's Creator package which isn't even in a ballpark for comparison. Two different classes altogether.

But I ran into a show-stopper in conforming audio. Long-running audio in a single After Effects comp. Two hours runtime. Everything's fine in Ae, I'm satisfied, I close the project, clear all the caches (then wipe their bottoms manually - something's always still in them) & then I import the AEP into Premiere in preparation to render the final MP4.

View the full discussion

I've made larger compositions, much more complex & cumulatively larger - but without any single audio only assets as large as 2.5GB, as this one is. It just can't deal with it. Definitely programmatic problem, not a matter of resources.

But I end up with a 'half conformed' waveform in the sequence, following the conform process & the generation of those files. A bug report is in & I'm anxious to have access & reciprocal feedback from the Adobe tech's with the pre-release program towards resolving this. Because it's representative of the kinds of stuff I want to do, if I can't get past this somehow... I'm weary of starting any new projects for fear of more hours/days wasted. Good thing I'm not doing this for a living yet! I'd be up that stinky creek.

• 8. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                        lasvideo Level 4

Wow, I do a lot of AE work but never anything as long as 2 hours in one chunk. And audio editing in AE is not ideal. I usualy do my cut in PrP then use AE as needed.What kind of a project was it?

• 9. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                          Travis © Level 1

It's like this, but again, long running: http://tinyurl.com/83qxyvb

That was a first-project, the new one is much more refined & beautiful. The audio was produced with Audition, & I've even ran the audio 'up & down', compressing to MP3 320kbps, then back up to an uncompressed wave, even opening it in another app such as Roxio's just to export it again in the same format - with a different product. Just to be certain there's nothing in the wave (data wise) that Premiere could be 'halting' on.

I'll PM you with a URL for my project, zipped is 750MB. If you were curious to see if you could even see it conform properly, let alone trying to render. I haven't yet had feedback from someone else trying to open it, I'd like that very much. CFA & PEK files are removed, it's just the few raw assets. One Pr file, one Ae file. Two comps withing the Ae project. One sequence in Premiere, with that linked Ae comp. Hoping Adobe downloads it & brings it into their testing environment.

The only difference between that short video & the project that's 'half conforming' (exactly half), is that the problematic one is 2 hours in length. It has an audio duration of 2 hours & the length of the comp was dictatated purely by the length of the audio file. The solid is animated by the audio file on its own layer. And of course the audio is intended to be audible as well as viewed. I call it, "Watch Talk Radio".

The nesting into one one other was just to add some slide-in motion to it over a backgroun, a lens flaring at intro & looped-smoke (interpreted footage, repeated) with some opacity.It's a great bug-test project because it's a relatively simply one, few assets, their aptly named & there are less than half-dozen layers in the main comp. It's consistent throughout runtime, the entire length. Nothing funny going on 'in the middle' where conform/import is messing up.

Could be something like Bill Gates' moronic statement back in the 70's, that "...no one will ever need more than 640KB of memory" ~ LOL

Developers keying in values while developing the program(s) not thinking for a moment, that possibly - maybe someone might have one long-arse audio file in one composition for a two-hour duration or more. "Nah, no one will want to do something like that."

Um, Travis does.

• 11. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                            lasvideo Level 4

Sure, Id be glad to see if it would work on my system. Just send me a link.

UPDATE

Travis I get this error message when trying to download from the FTP

Screen shot 2011-12-02 at 8.45.12 AM.png

Tom Daigon

Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor

www.hdshotsandcuts.com

Mac Pro 3,1

2 x 3.2 ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon

Nvidia Quadro 4000

24 gigs ram

Kona 3

Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid

• 12. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                              Travis © Level 1

That's something wrong with passive-mode transfer PASV with FTP. Unsure why Macs encounter this most often D/Ling from a WinServer. Hmm.

I've turned off PASV FTP, temporarily. Please retry. And if you have any suggestion for a public file host? SendSpace is limited. my 750MB zip is too large. Thanks for trying! Would love to see someone else's results on this.

• 13. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                                lasvideo Level 4

Nope. still not working. If you can figure out how to use Dropbox I have used that in my beta testing process with Boris FX.

• 14. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                                  lasvideo Level 4

I tried the second option you sent me a PM about.

Screen shot 2011-12-02 at 9.03.52 AM.png

• 15. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                                    Travis © Level 1

Signing up on DropBox! Stay tuned. Thanks for your assist...
                                    I see 2GB cap for free accounts - perfect...

• 17. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                                      Travis © Level 1

Success. Public download URL for my 'Half Conforming Audio' Project is here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51872720/Half-Conforming-Audio_Project.zip

(750MB Zipped/Appx 1.25GB Uncompressed.

I'd be delighted to hear from anyone who's attempting to conform the audio (just open it to see), if not render it as well. Rendering is secondary. The rendering was failing at that 50% position, even when I had unlinked & replaced the AEP's audio track with the audio asset brought directly into Premiere. Premiere would then show (& play normally) the entire waveform, the length of the sequence, however rendering would fail at 50% both using Premiere & if dropped in the queue for Adobe Media Encoder. Even though the 'faulty' audio should be absent, in that case. So the system is creating a problem for the render, even when I replace the AEP's audio - with the same source - but brought directly into Premiere as opposed to using the AEP's audio as intended.

And I'm very pleased to see that Adobe themselves are bringing it into their testing environment, per my FTP:

AdobeDownloading.jpg

• 18. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                                        lasvideo Level 4

Downloading as you read this. Good job on the download link. Just clicked and away it went.

• 19. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                                          Travis © Level 1

Thanks for the DropBox referral, is a good solution.

And thank you so much for testing. You're awesome. Look forward to your results. And Adobe's! Their transfer from my FTP will accelerate now that the DropBox upload is complete.

Any other readers feeling doubtful about my claim, please download my project & come back with your results. (it's concise & easy for non-authors to interpret, with few assets).

URL here, once again:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51872720/Half-Conforming-Audio_Project.zip 

(740MB Zipped/Appx 1.25GB Uncompressed)

• 20. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                                            Travis © Level 1

PS, you may have warning about (1) missing asset (drifting smoke) & the AEP may not be imported into the pproj. I was hurrying to zip it since I deleted the last one I had prepared. May have 'unlinked' it in experimenting before zipping - but it's all intact. The missing asset is one file in a subfolder (its path was outside of the project). Open Premiere project file first - then bring in the AEP via Dynamic Link and/or direct drop or File\Import. Same results for me, regardless.

Thanks.

tC

• 21. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                                              lasvideo Level 4

Travis, the project is open and since I have the Nvidia 4000 it is playing in real time (yellow render bar).  I just had to alter the AE file for things not present and resave. But there is no audio present.  Checking the AE file now.What else do you want me to test?

Tom Daigon

Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor

www.hdshotsandcuts.com

Mac Pro 3,1

2 x 3.2 ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon

Nvidia Quadro 4000

24 gigs ram

Kona 3

Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid

• 22. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                                                lasvideo Level 4

I cant get your stereo wave file to play in AE on the timeline or just in the source window. But, I can play it just fine in QT7.

OK, I got it to play in AE but Im betting the size and memory requirements are the problem. And I have 24 gigs of ram!

• 23. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                                                  Travis © Level 1

I can play it myself in near real-time, with After Effects. For several minutes at a time, no problem. The entire length of it - in After Affects.

Now, bring it into Premiere & drop it into a sequence. Expand the audio track out vertically enough to observe the waveform. After allowing it to conform - do you have audio for the entire length of it, beginning to end - in Premiere?

That's where the problem arises. After Pr conforms the AEP audio track.

• 24. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                                                    Travis © Level 1

Sounds like a cross-platform bug!

• 25. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                                                      lasvideo Level 4

Eureka! I have it playing and displaying in PrP in real time.

Screen shot 2011-12-02 at 11.35.20 AM.png

• 26. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                                                        Travis © Level 1

If you've got 24gigs - you're golden. Absolutely no way it can be due to my current RAM limitation. The largest asset is 2.5GB (the audio file)...

• 27. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                                                          Travis © Level 1

No eureka - look closely. You're missing the first half of the audio waveform, bro. More, actually...

• 28. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                                                            lasvideo Level 4

Ha ha. I start all my stuff at 1 hour, hence the  premature enthusiasm. Is this the same thing you are experiencing?

• 29. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                                                              Travis © Level 1

PRECISELY. The same issue. 'half conforming audio'.

Excellent, thank you so much. I'm now very confident that Adobe will unavoidably encounter it on the more contemporary machines (ie multi-core Xeon's with RAM up the Yen Yang) - AND on both Mac & Windows

• 30. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                                                                lasvideo Level 4

OK. I tried another approach. In AE I grabbed the final comp and dragged it into PrP. The conforming process is taking a riduclous amount of time, but it is a very long piece. I will check out the sequence in PrP when its done (maybe next year).

I can see why so many folks complain about the audio conforming issue. Its a real game stopper. Yuck!

• 31. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                                                                  Travis © Level 1

You can see how this comp is unique, perfect for testing. Consistent content throughout with no funny business, consistently repeatable problem. One huge audio file also reference by an effect that animates a solid. That's the meat of it. Not complex. Just one huge audio asset in the Ae comp - nested in one other, for the final sequence...

Thanks so much for your time in testing & feedback.

tC

• 32. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                                                                    lasvideo Level 4

Your welcome. Yup, same result after conforming.

Screen shot 2011-12-02 at 12.14.12 PM.png

Only the second half. Im glad you have Adobes tech support assisting you. They are a talented bunch and I am confident they will discover what is causing this issue. Which bodes well for others using the same process.

• 33. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                                                                      Travis © Level 1

A repeated THANK YOU for testing. You've given confirmation of this being cross-platform (Mac & Windoze) & not contingent on RAM or overall horsepower. Nor is the problem contingent on storage space or I/O.

It's a problem with runtime length and/or file size of an audio asset in After Affects.

I challenge anyone to conform this project!!

• 34. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                                                                        ntreuter Level 1

Humm. I'm having an issue getting Magic Bullet Denoiser II to load in Premiere Pro.

Looking at the Plugin Loading Log, I see this error:

No loaders recognized this plugin, so the plugin is set to Ignore.

I have tried holding down shift while restarting premiere pro to reload the cache but the same issue occurs.

I checked the registery per the original post and in fact the IGNORE is flagged as (1). I changed it to (0), restarted the computer and then Premiere Pro (holding down SHIFT) and it resets to (1) again every time.

It sounds like it's SETTING TO IGNORE because of "loaders not recognizing" it, so I"m not sure where to troubleshoot next.

• 35. Re: TUTORIAL: Previously working effects now missing? Here's the fix...
                                                                          Jim_Simon Level 8

I would probably ask Red Giant on this one.