5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2010 10:23 PM by levijohn

How do I copy?

DeenaAndAndrew

I hope I make sense.

I downloaded a book, and I can see it in "library" folder, and can read it from there.

But when I click on "reading" at the top,  it will not let me click on "copy"????

How do I copy it to my ereader?

• 1. Re: How do I copy?
          Jim Lester Level 4

Drag and drop the book on the the device icon in the list folders on the left hand side of the library view.

• 2. Re: How do I copy?
            DeenaAndAndrew Level 1

Thanks so much for your help, it worked

In a message dated 8/12/2010 11:48:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, 

forums@adobe.com writes:

Drag and  drop the book on the the device icon in the list folders on the

left hand side  of the library  view.

• 3. Re: How do I copy?
              levijohn

Jim ,

I am very new to adobe digital editions( about 10 minutes) and like the other question I wish to copy to my Sony ereader. Your answer talks about the library view but all that I can currently see is the words within the book on the screen of my PC. How do I get to the" library view" and the list of folders you mention, such that if my ereader is connected I assume I will then see the ereader. I am probably embarassing myself be asking this but any help will be appreciated.

• 4. Re: How do I copy?
                Jim Lester Level 4

The Library view is the first view that appears when you launch Digital Editions.

The list of folders on the left hand side will automatically show all plugged in devices that ADE recognizes.

For Sony devices, and Sony devices only.  They will not work be recognized by ADE on the Mac, and will only be recognized by ADE on Windows if ther Sony software has been installed.

• 5. Re: How do I copy?
                  levijohn Level 1

Thanks Jim,

I now realise my error. I recently had to clean install Windows 7 on my PC and had forgotten to re-install the Sony software. I hadn't noticed it because at the time I had many books already installed on my ereader and was continuing to read them. Now that I am using Adobe to download books from my local library in the UK, I of course needed the Sony software. Anyhow it is now installed on my PC and works fine.Thanks for your response

JOHN

Sent from my IPad