4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2010 11:03 AM by the_wine_snob

Directx 11 and now Premiere CS5 will not work.

singerdrummer

I finally got my ATI 5770 working with Directx 11 and now Premiere CS5 will not workAdobe Prmiere.jpg

• 1. Re: Directx 11 and now Premiere CS5 will not work.
          Jim_Simon Level 8

What specifically did you do to get DX11 'working'?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Directx 11 and now Premiere CS5 will not work.
            singerdrummer Level 1

I just installed what I thought was Directx 11.  The latest file update I downloaded is only 9. dxwebsetup.exe from Microsofts web.

I have a Dell XPS 8100.  I was on the phone with AMD/ATI, DELL, and XFX.  Dell said the card was an ATI, and AMD/ATI said that ATI now just makes the chips.  I tried Sapphire ATI 5770 and they didn't work, then I tried a program the took off all the drivers and I got the Dell drivers from the web, thinking that they are on OEM and with the DP Adapter, I finally got the 3rd ATI Eyefinity monitor to work. I tried Cuty of Duty and it worked for a couple of minutes.  I'm not into games, but I like the three monitors for learning software. One monitor is the video training and one is the software and the other is the Internet or an ebook.

Now Premiere doesn't like anything. I tried going back to one monitor, and different resolutions. I had two monitors working at one time on this computer. I like the Time line monitor window on it's own monitor and the rest of Premiere on the left monitor.

I was reading that Premiere likes 1280 x 900. That is not a mode on the ATI 1280 x 960 or 1280 x 1024.

Could it be the latest Directx it installed or the fact the Display Port is in the card?

• 3. Re: Directx 11 and now Premiere CS5 will not work.
              singerdrummer Level 1

I  just tried

taking out the Active Display Port plug

and no luck.  The only think that changed was the latest Catalyst drivers and the Directx. I fact I think the ones I got from the Dell website where the same as the ones on the computer when I bought it.  They may have update the ones on the Dell web, from the ones put on the computer to be shipped to BestBuy.

The error says update video drivers.  It was updating that got the Eyefinity working and it is what killed Premiere.

• 4. Re: Directx 11 and now Premiere CS5 will not work.
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Some of the newest Catalyst drivers (cannot recall the #'s now), seem to be problematic with Adobe products. Some users have rolled-back to earlier drivers, and that fixed things for them. Seem's that Harm Millaard posted some driver numbers, not that long ago.

Good luck,

Hunt