3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2012 6:48 AM by Nikhil.Gupta

How do I uninstall Adobe 9.3.3 from my Macbook Pro?

Bewilderedagain

I downloaded an Adobe Reader update yesterday and since then my Pdf files are taking 10 minutes to print! I have never had this problem before. I have a HP Laserjet 3390 printer. I would like to uninstall the Adobe Reader and re-install an older version but there is no uninstaller and I don't know how to go about removing all the files. After having researched some forums, I understand that I cannot just drag and drop Adobe into the Trash without leaving some files behind. I am running the the Mac OS X Version 10.5.8.

Would someone please advise?

• 1. Re: How do I uninstall Adobe 9.3.3 from my Macbook Pro?
          soberoi Level 1

Hi,

You can delete the Adobe Reader by dragging it to the Trash and then emptying the Trash. Along with the application folder, delete:

Applications/Adobe - If you have not installed Acrobat.com or flash player independently.

Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer -  If you have not installed Acrobat.com or flash player independently

Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller -  If you have not installed Acrobat.com or flash player independently

Active Volume/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Active Usre/Library/Applicaiton Support/Adobe

This will solve your uninstallation problem, but Adobe recommends its users to use updated applications since with each update, the company fixes major vulnerabilties. If you revert to the older version you might make your machine vulnerable to outside attacks.

I would recommend that before uninstalling Adobe Reader try updating your printer driver once. THis might work for you.

cheers

• 2. Re: How do I uninstall Adobe 9.3.3 from my Macbook Pro?
            balford

Help!  I have tried to uninstall Adobe Readers from my Macbook Pro...now I cannot open ANY PDF's from the internet...just have a blank page.  If you have any ideas, please let me know....Thanks

• 3. Re: How do I uninstall Adobe 9.3.3 from my Macbook Pro?
              Nikhil.Gupta Adobe Employee

You mean you have no Adobe Reader installed on your system. Then to view PDF's you will have to install latest Adobe Reader from : http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Please do mention your MAC OS and safari versions in future replies.