1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 13, 2010 11:35 AM by Joe ... Ward

How to enable the "debug" flag in Linux (ubuntu)

matteosistisette Level 1

Hi,

I want the error message dialogs to pop up when I run an installed AIR application, running it normally, not with the ADL.

In Windows and Mac, I can accomplish this by creating an empty file or folder called "debug" inside the

(application install folder)/META-INF/AIR

However, this doesn't work in Linux.

On linux, I read somewhere (cannot find it now) that you can do the same by typing:

export AIRDEBUG=1

in a terminal.

This works only if I launch the applications from the same terminal; that is, I have to open a terminal and write:

export AIRDEBUG=1

/opt/myapplication/bin/myapplication

In the same article that suggested this, it also suggested that you could add the "export AIRDEBUG=1" line to the .bashrc file so it would be automatically executed at startup.

However, it still only works if I launch the applications from a terminal. That is, I don't have to write "export AIRDEBUG=1" every time, but I still have to open a terminal and launch the application from the command line.

I want it to work also when I launch the application normally from the panel menu shortcut that was automatically created when installing the app.

Any idea?

thanks

m.